Ferguson, and other issues

• 3 weeks later...

This shit just hit too close to home. Fuck this pig.

http://m.live5news.com/live5news/db/330614/content/shN7jVfk

This is crazy, my brother showed me this video tonight. It looks like the cop drops a taser next to the victim at the end of the video. I just heard the victim's brothers response, and in his grief he tries to keep things in perspective.

North Charleston has some of the worst crime rates in the nation (strange) and here is a cop killing.

He lied for two days until this video came out. Said the guy tried to take his taser. I'm glad this video came out.

I am too. As you know this isnt too far from me either, its crazy. I feel bad for the good cops out there, that actually try to help. And I dont think it comes down to "being" a cop, they are just horrible human beings. Im so glad they denied his bond and will charge him. To put hand cuffs on him, while he lays on the ground, casually walking around, while a person he just shot lays there, is WTF. Hope he gets whats coming to him.

do we know why the guy ran from his car and then ran again from the cop?  running from the cops doesn't necessarily warrant getting shot, but (in light of recent events) it can certainly lead to getting shot...

based on what I've seen, all I can say is that two people each made some bad decisions and now two families are paying the price.

in related news, this is how you deal with asshole cops.  be apologetic, be respectful, don't escalate the situation, don't run away, and don't fight for their taser.  get their information and complain later.  for best results, submit video to a news organization (particularly if you're non-white).

do we know why the guy ran from his car and then ran again from the cop?  running from the cops doesn't necessarily warrant getting shot, but (in light of recent events) it can certainly lead to getting shot...

based on what I've seen, all I can say is that two people each made some bad decisions and now two families are paying the price.

in related news, this is how you deal with asshole cops.  be apologetic, be respectful, don't escalate the situation, don't run away, and don't fight for their taser.  get their information and complain later.  for best results, submit video to a news organization (particularly if you're non-white).

did you watch the video?  If you have to ask or wonder why the guy ran away from the cop then I dont know what to say.  Also, its not like we can ask them both what happened.  hey cop, why'd he turn and run from you?  hey dead guy, why'd you turn and run from the cop?  

I would generally agree for the most part, but we really don't know what the interaction was like before he ran. To be honest, he did nothing in the video warrant the guy firing on him, let alone unload a clip. Honestly I'm not sure there was a right choice in this situation for that poor guy. At that point, he was running from a guy set out to kill him. The most disturbing thing was that the cop didn't even hesitate or consider using the taser he had on him. It wasn't like the guy was running very fast.. To me the cop is getting exactly what he deserves.

The press conference North Charleston Mayor Keith Summey is putting on right now has jeers and chanting in the audience. I feel these agitators in the audience are outside agitators. I have never heard a press conference like this. I just hope Sharpton stays out of Charleston. The victims family is already asking for calm and that should be respected. Mayor Summey said the officers wife is expecting and while the officer is fired, the city will continue to support the wife until the birth. I think that is good.