Ferguson, and other issues

Thought the same thing -- especially when talking about a teenager with little money. The Jordans could have been trashed, though.

The mom kept saying they were "brand new Jordans, he would never have taken them off." etc.

Like I said, I think I misquoted the story and he was actually just going out for a walk.

The whole thing is pretty fucked up. I think it's obvious he didn't kill himself. The whole thing with the shoes and the leashes around his neck. There have got to be finger prints somewhere.....just hope that they can catch who did this. Awful, terrible thing to happen to this poor kid and his family. People are fucking disgusting. 

And he was 5' something and there was nothing for him to stand on to tie the belt to the playground equipment he was hung from, nothing nearby that showed he had stood on it. His mother has said he wasn't "depressed" but upset about the passing of an uncle, but that in the moment she was asked used the word depressed.

Working in the death care field, I see a lot of people using the wrong word for what they're feeling. Mourning and feeling sad isn't depression and she clarified that after the fact.

I haven't read anywhere that him and his gf were having problems either...in that article it just said he was keeping "distracted" with his girlfriend.

What behavior was he exhibiting that someone who commits suicide does (not trying to be a prick, genuinely interested to know/I hadn't read that anywhere.)

Not a prick at all. He was going through a personal loss, was having relationship issues, and was a teenager (2nd most likely age group to commit suicide after the elderly). There are many other factors that get considered as well, but those three are big risk factors. Again, Im not saying he did it, evidence does point that it could have been foul play as well, but someone said they dont see how it could be seen as a suicide, and there are signs to that too.

Not a prick at all. He was going through a personal loss, was having relationship issues, and was a teenager (2nd most likely age group to commit suicide after the elderly). There are many other factors that get considered as well, but those three are big risk factors. Again, Im not saying he did it, evidence does point that it could have been foul play as well, but someone said they dont see how it could be seen as a suicide, and there are signs to that too.

(It was me that said that)

I guess what I meant was it seems very likely that it was not suicide. Young black kid in the south dating an older white woman would get a lot of southerners pretty riled up, and the other things seem to point to foul play to me.

Saying that I couldn't see it being suicide at all was an exaggeration I guess, anyone is capable of taking their own life...just doesn't seem very likely in this case to me.

They could also choose to leave in order to do it so that their parents aren't the ones to find their body. But it seems like everyone talking about it is kinda drifting towards a middle ground of it smelling fishy but keeping an open mind.

The boston bomber's family (aunt, I believe?) didn't think he had done anything wrong and the whole thing was a government plot. Sometimes people are blinded when it comes to their family.

They could also choose to leave in order to do it so that their parents aren't the ones to find their body. But it seems like everyone talking about it is kinda drifting towards a middle ground of it smelling fishy but keeping an open mind.

The boston bomber's family (aunt, I believe?) didn't think he had done anything wrong and the whole thing was a government plot. Sometimes people are blinded when it comes to their family.

True, true. Yeah sometimes even when something seems as fishy as this, it ends up just being a tragic suicide. I hope that it gets looked into and figured out at some point.

There are so many people on my facebook feed getting really heated in the worst ways about the poor policemen who were killed yesterday. My heart hurts for their families, but I don't think it's fair for people to say "if these (black) people would just stay within the law they wouldn't have to shout "I can't breathe!"

no.. no it is not.

I can't go on facebook anymore without getting extremely anxious about what I read. I don't understand how people can be so all or nothing when it comes to something like this. People who are supporting the cops are saying such awful things about those who have been killed at the hands of police officers and vice versa. This is just as much of a black and white issue as it isn't a black and white issue... there are gray areas and it seems like a lot of people aren't willing to see the other side of things. This is why we'll never get anywhere.

I can't go on facebook anymore without getting extremely anxious about what I read. I don't understand how people can be so all or nothing when it comes to something like this. People who are supporting the cops are saying such awful things about those who have been killed at the hands of police officers and vice versa. This is just as much of a black and white issue as it isn't a black and white issue... there are gray areas and it seems like a lot of people aren't willing to see the other side of things. This is why we'll never get anywhere.

This.

probably still lying down on the floor in a mall... you know, "making a difference"

So protesting what you see as a slight is a bad thing? Excuse me as I go sit in the back of the bus and be quiet.

Egg- I completely agree. A lot of people are just picking sides without even trying to see what the other has to say. It's sickening.

So protesting what you see as a slight is a bad thing? Excuse me as I go sit in the back of the bus and be quiet.

Egg- I completely agree. A lot of people are just picking sides without even trying to see what the other has to say. It's sickening.

aside from getting attention, what was the purpose of people lying down in shopping malls across the nation?  is that going to help bring police departments and the black community closer together?  I'm sorry, but unless I'm missing something, it just seems like the protestors are led by the underpants gnomes...

phase 1: get a bunch of people to lie down in shopping malls

phase 2:

phase 3: end racial disparities

wouldn't it be more constructive for protestors to organize meetings between police departments and influential members of the local (black) community?  try to figure out what both sides can do to help the situation going forward...?