PO: Sleater-Kinney: Start Together Box Set (10/21)

Just curious again: When you say it's not emotional, do you mean it's not emotional to you, or there's no emotion in the music?

There obviously is plenty emotion/musicianship/credibility in the music, but it doesn't get to me. Listening to them I do see reasons for people to enjoy it, to me there's nothing to hate or genuinely dislike about them, I just don't see myself listening to them.

That's interesting cos for me Sleater-Kinney are the fun band. There's just this joy in the music that I don't get anywhere else.

That's good to hear, enjoy the set! I guess my go-to fun band is Weezer. No need for a box on that though, already got everything I need (blue to green).

That's good to hear, enjoy the set! I guess my go-to fun band is Weezer. No need for a box on that though, already got everything I need (blue to green).

I will, thanks! Sub Pop replied super quick to my email and said it's been shipped but likely to be in customs for a while as it's coming all the way to the UK. I already have a few of the LPs anyway so I can wait (but not for much longer).

Gotta agree with the Portlandia thing... Liked Carrie better when I thought she had some dignity. 

That's the only thing that's got me nervous about the reunion - Carrie exerting greater control because of ego. Corin is a far more compelling singer/frontman to me, and if Carrie has a larger role, it's gonna be less interesting.

I think Corin is the stronger vocalist, but Carrie is the better guitarist. You need both of them (Janet too)! I'm not exactly a Portlandia superfan, but I don't know what has to do with S-K. She's found success doing something she enjoys and still has time to make awesome music (Bury Our Friends is proof of that). 

I think Corin is the stronger vocalist, but Carrie is the better guitarist. You need both of them (Janet too)! I'm not exactly a Portlandia superfan, but I don't know what has to do with S-K. She's found success doing something she enjoys and still has time to make awesome music (Bury Our Friends is proof of that). 

I agree that they are the sum of their parts and stronger for it.

Carrie has gotten so conceited and power hungry since she sold out to IFC (ask your cable provider if they carry it). When I imagined what she was like before Portlandia, I imagined her acting humble but passionate about the music. But now, when I imagine what she is like after Portlandia, she acts way more stuck up. Just like my ex and every women who thinks they have a right to be successful at more than one pursuit. Sell outs!

My box showed up yesterday! I was kinda slightly regretting the purchase before seeing it just cause of how much the shipping was to Australia, but now having seen it I am so stoked I grabbed one. As others have said, this thing is really well put together and I'm super glad to own a copy.

I convinced myself I'd offset the cost by selling my original copies once I got the set, but I'm thinking I'll just keep them as well.