Beck Web Store

If we are receiving expired download codes, then yes.  I haven't received mine yet, so I can't testify for sure.  Honestly, I don't care either way, as long as it sounds good.  LCD Soundsystem releases their albums with the same cat #.  A lot of labels do this.  I just think if the d.c. is expired, it seems reasonable that the album/sleeve was sealed a while back.  Or, they were lazy, and forgot to renew hosting links for said download 

My copy from Marvelio arrived today. Seems to be a completely legit XL pressing (with insert and download code). I'm getting an error message when I try to download, though, so these may well be old stock.

Can anyone compare the runouts against an original?:

3837709-01 A1/B1 Simon - The Exchange XLLP369

regardless.. it was pressed with the same plates.. whether it was done yesterday, last week or prior to the original release date, DOESNT MATTER AT ALL..

blows me away that they're able to keep a couple of his weaker albums in print but cant get their act together to press the solid gold.

This is fairly common practice though. Brand New syndrome. the world is drowning in daisy LPs yet dying for a Déjà

regardless.. it was pressed with the same plates.. whether it was done yesterday, last week or prior to the original release date, DOESNT MATTER AT ALL..   

blows me away that they're able to keep a couple of his weaker albums in print but cant get their act together to press the solid gold.

think you meant the mellow gold

agreed, but when you think about 'being able to', maybe the solid gold, (Midnite Vultures?) especially those particular stampers/plates, might only exist with one entity. 

also, not that it matters, but check what NPR said of the download that came w the orig vinyl release in 2008. 

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=98099471

i've never had a problem receiving a legit d.c. from the hosting sites for these.  e-mail them, explain situation, give old code to them for a check (ask them at the same time if the site host simply never renewed the link), and they should give you a valid code w no problem.  

Mobile Fidelity should "find" some boxes of Sea Change

I found a new copy of this at my local a little over a year ago? It must have just gone extinct about 6 months prior cause he had one, sold it, then I asked him about getting more in, he said he would and then nothing for months and finally one just showed up.

With Beck finally winning the Grammy, I can't image that a repress of most of his discography is too far off. They have to be aware that they are losing money to bootleggers at this point,

It's funny... what other tangible product is bootlegged simply because the original manufacturer refuses to make more? Most companies will manufacture any product if it will continue to make them money.

I ordered a few copies, so I might have one or two to trade when my order arrives.

Never underestimate the stupidity of major label record executives. They've been blowing it for decades.

Has anyone compared download codes? I don't have a copy of this (yet) but if this is a bootleg (and I have no reason to believe one way or another), it wouldn't be that hard for a keen bootlegger to copy the runouts and include a photocopy of an expired download code. Maybe everybody has the same code?