Destiny Two - CHOO CHOO

rooks

Not so true I'm actually really great at it,

As someone who's been involved with the competitive/MLG Halo community since 2007, and used to also play Call of Duty at a very high level (2009-2011), I kind of doubt this.  Destiny doesn't really have the skill gap that Halo does (I'm talking about CE, 2, and 3 here, not 4), but it still obviously takes some skill to be good at it.  If you're getting dumped on by random kids in matchmaking, you're not "really great".  Hell, if you're breaking even/going positive almost every game against randoms, you're still not "really great".  You can blame abilities/connection all you want, but unless your connection is permanently fucked, those things aren't enough to nullify the skill gap between a really good player, and an average player.  I've won money playing Halo, have a 50 in MLG (if that means anything to anyone), and still wouldn't consider myself really great.  I guess it's all subjective though, and this is just a rant coming from a competitive FPS gamer who has spent too much time playing video games in the past.

As someone who's been involved with the competitive/MLG Halo community since 2007, and used to also play Call of Duty at a very high level (2009-2011), I kind of doubt this.  Destiny doesn't really have the skill gap that Halo does (I'm talking about CE, 2, and 3 here, not 4), but it still obviously takes some skill to be good at it.  If you're getting dumped on by random kids in matchmaking, you're not "really great".  Hell, if you're breaking even/going positive almost every game against randoms, you're still not "really great".  You can blame abilities/connection all you want, but unless your connection is permanently fucked, those things aren't enough to nullify the skill gap between a really good player, and an average player.  I've won money playing Halo, have a 50 in MLG (if that means anything to anyone), and still wouldn't consider myself really great.  I guess it's all subjective though, and this is just a rant coming from a competitive FPS gamer who has spent too much time playing video games in the past.

Nerrrrrrrrrrrd Alerrrrrrrrrt!  ;)

Good call though.

You're proablly right, I have been slacking since I've gotten the exotic but at the same time it feels like everyone's gotten savage here's my profile if you want to check it:

You're proablly right, I have been slacking since I've gotten the exotic but at the same time it feels like everyone's gotten savage here's my profile if you want to check it:

Dude :\

HALF of your kills in Crucible are ability kills.

WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I beat the weekly nightfall strike, it gives you an xp boost (~20% I think) for everything... vanguard rep, cryptarch level, regular xp, vanguard and crucible rep/marks etc. Until it resets at the end of the game week (tomorrow! bye bye extra xp ;( )

It also gave everyone an exotic piece of armor. I've heard it also has a chance of giving 12 ascended energy/shards.

Also got damned near to the end of the raid. Just need this other guy to get past level 23 otherwise I'll invite one of you guys to take his place and get an easy raid win. I think it was only Derek from here that was a part of it, ya'll slacking.

nightfall strike seems really hard. is it doable? i'm down to try, i'm almost level 28.

I'm almost 27 and I think Derek is 26, maybe? I think we can do it. I been working on my revive skills.  Plus I need something to take my mind off the fact that I have done every vanguard and crucible mission the tower gives me for the last 4 days and I still haven't gotten an exotic bounty.

It also gave everyone an exotic piece of armor. I've heard it also has a chance of giving 12 ascended energy/shards.

I need this so bad. all of my armor is ready to be upgraded all the way and I have plenty of every material. just need a fuckload of ascendant shards. I actually fully upgraded my exotic chest armor last night--that felt amazing.

I need this so bad. all of my armor is ready to be upgraded all the way and I have plenty of every material. just need a fuckload of ascendant shards. I actually fully upgraded my exotic chest armor last night--that felt amazing.

Nice!

I've said it before and I'll say it again... the # of materials and the way they are obtained for upgrades are insane.  I've even tried farming things like relic iron/spirit blooms/ascendant shards/etc. and it's a painful, boring, unrewarding process.

The fact that I have to run through level 5 enemies all day to collect spinmetal and spirit blooms is just awful.  Why can't the enemies scale to your level or something? At least that would make it interesting.  Even doing patrol missions is terrible.  I did straight story missions and 5 crucible games before beating the story, and I finished at level 18.  There's not enough room in there to make the patrol missions worthwhile, considering you can't collect marks and rep until after 18, and if you do them while you're at an appropriate level you end up overlevelled for all the story missions.

:\

yeah I was pretty overlevelled for the story. I don't mind farming materials on each planet on patrol because there are really easy spots to do it. it does bug me that ascendant materials are so hard to come by though. I got really excited about getting an extra legendary armor yesterday--I was able to dismantle it for 3 shards... also planning on maxing my vanguard marks this week and buying 2 more pieces of armor, just to dismantle them. the struggle is real.

I have a bunch of extra legendary and even an extra exotic... but I still haven't decided if I want to start a new character or not.

I have enough motes of light and strange coins that if I wanted to level EITHER a warlock or a Titan. I could have one of them with full legendary/exotic by Friday morning.

But... I just want to play as my hunter :\ I just can't seem to get hunter drops/engrams.