Destiny Two - CHOO CHOO

rooks

So exotic gear/engram drops are only possible through Crucible? That's lame as fuck cause the pvp is a shotgun circlejerk.

I think you may have misinterpreted what I was saying.  Any purple (Legendary) engram can technically be decrypted into an Exotic weapon or armor, as well as a Legendary item, or even a Rare item.  And you can get those purple engrams from either the Crucible or farming PVE / participating in Strikes / etc.

Don't disagree at all about the shotgun whoring.  It can get so ridiculous.

I think you may have misinterpreted what I was saying.  Any purple (Legendary) engram can technically be decrypted into an Exotic weapon or armor, as well as a Legendary item, or even a Rare item.  And you can get those purple engrams from either the Crucible or farming PVE / participating in Strikes / etc.

Don't disagree at all about the shotgun whoring.  It can get so ridiculous.

I see. I've found quite a few legendary engrams so the chance for it to be exotic must be extremely low. I assumed that exotic engrams could be dropped in the game world like legendary/rare/uncommon engrams are, but I guess not. I just think that's really lame how you have to find legendary engrams in hopes that they might be exotic. Still hoping that they nerf the shottys

I see. I've found quite a few legendary engrams so the chance for it to be exotic must be extremely low. I assumed that exotic engrams could be dropped in the game world like legendary/rare/uncommon engrams are, but I guess not. I just think that's really lame how you have to find legendary engrams in hopes that they might be exotic. Still hoping that they nerf the shottys

According to an article was reading earlier a group of 4 guys did some research and out of 55 legendary engrams 33 percent were legendary, 66 percent were rare or below, and 1 percent was exotic. Small case study, but, yup

Hmm. I bought the exotic chest this morning. I use arc bolt grenade, so it made sense. Didn't bring me to 26 though. Gonna have to start farming materials for armor upgrades :/ I've gotta get a legendary/exotic in my primary weapon slot, so for now that's the goal. I think I'm closest to vanguard? Or maybe crucible? I'll have to check.

I'm Level 20 but It's unclear to me how to level up more. I need rare armor to do so? Also, Im confused about how to raise my vanguard rank. I feel like I've completed tons of bounties and missions and strike missions where it says I gain rep but i haven't hit rank 1 yet…  maybe I'm not playing enough or paying enough attention. Is there a gauge that tells me how much I have/need?

he's already there. over in the area in front of the speaker.

Rad! I'm disappointe with his inventory though haha.

Got some exotic Titan armor from the engram I got from him. Not mad cuz my second character is a Titan. Also a good sign that I actually got some exotic stuff out of that engram

I just got paid, and it ended up being more than I expected because I forgot that I worked Labor Day, so I'm probably going to pick this up today for the 360.  If my friends have been playing since release day, is there any chance I could play along with them?  Or would I have to catch up?

You won't really be able to play with them but they can play with you if that makes sense. You'll be able to power through earlier missions and level up pretty quickly, especially with their help. I mean, people on here are maxing out levels and the game has been out less than 2 weeks right? I wouldn't let that deter you if you want the game.