Official Newbury Comics Reissue Thread

Just gonna throw my experience of NC in to the mix. I've ordered from them twice (to the UK), and both times my order has arrived in a sturdy cardboard mailer, in mint condition. Arguably they could ship the record outside of the sleeve, but I've had no bad experiences yet.

I don't know if maybe those who get their orders in something more flimsy are ordering from within the USA, so perhaps have a cheaper shipping option?

I would say around half of my orders have had some damage or defect. Sometimes records show up in a large oversized box with bubble wrap and sometimes they show up in a record mailer which may or may not have pads. Got The Nick Cave yesterday and it is warped and dished but the jacket show up fine in a record mailer with one pad. 

Only small difference is that instead of consumers doing their half of controlling supply and demand, they can artificially create scarcity to jack up their own releases by simply holding ten boxes of records and announcing the release as sold out.

How I imagine this works is they hold back for returns, then there are the cancelled orders and bad credit cards and a buffer in case of over sales.. blah blah blah.. doesnt matter, not my business.

ps. OVERPRICED shins record on pretty coloured vinyl up today.. go get it .. or get it cheaper elsewhere, apparently you can do that.  Who knew?

https://www.newburycomics.com/rel/v2_viewupc.php?storenr=103&upc=103-2092353N

I'm psyched on the Newbury scavenger hunt again. Won $100 last year from it which paid for all my black Friday rsd releases.

I ended up getting a $50 gift card. Was a lot of fun too. I was slightly upset when they didn't count a picture of me shaking hands with a 6 foot tall firefighter made of Legos as "it needs to be a real firefighter."

Last year I got the nirvana "bleach" on clea/white from an uber roving record store for $15...was hella stoked. I'm hoping for a color "in utero" copy.

But I did just buy in to the Shins pre-order.

Dont worry about what color it is. The 320 In Utero sounds amazing!

I have an OP Nevermind with the gold promo stamp. Ive been looking for another copy, so I dont inevitably damage my OP. The OP gold stamp is very rare.

What about "Live at the Paramount". Its pretty much a live set of Nevermind. It was released on CD/DVD as well as on the 4 LP edition of Nevermind. Never released solo though. That would be pissa!

yuss!  the current nevermind (pallas pressed and masterd by bernie) is superb, essentially a reissue of the ORG.  top tops!

Dont worry about what color it is. The 320 In Utero sounds amazing!

I have an OP Nevermind with the gold promo stamp. Ive been looking for another copy, so I dont inevitably damage my OP. The OP gold stamp is very rare.

which one is the 320 in utero...is that the 2013 mix with the black cover?

I found a bootleg copy of nevermind on pink at a local store over the summer for $22....it sounds ok...

which one is the 320 in utero...is that the 2013 mix with the black cover?

I found a bootleg copy of nevermind on pink at a local store over the summer for $22....it sounds ok...

Isn't the 320 in Utero the one with the accidental Albini mix? I picked mine up from Amazon Canada a while ago, I'll have to dig it out and spin the black circle

Isn't the 320 in Utero the one with the accidental Albini mix? I picked mine up from Amazon Canada a while ago, I'll have to dig it out and spin the black circle

This.

Its the Albini mix. Some of the Albini were released without the Albini "hype". These are a lot cheaper to acquire. They have a "320" in the deadwax.

The Back to Black pressing is a 320 and is available right now. Its a UK press as well.