PO NOW: ...Is A Real Boy 10th Anniversary Box Set

If anyone is looking to buy this and wants the split with splatter variant (sold out), it looks like someone is selling a copy for cost + shipping in the FS section. I have never had any transactions with them so this really isn't an endorsement or anything, just shedding light that it's there. 

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/114282-fs-say-anything-is-a-real-boy-box-set/

I really do doubt that they're actually sold out but like I mentioned before, someone is selling a split with splatter on here.

holy shit they're all unavailable. didn't think this would sell out for a lot longer. the orange haze looked fucking rad... trying not to regret sleeping on this altogether because i already own it, but damn, i really did kinda want it.

If anyone is looking to buy this and wants the split with splatter variant (sold out), it looks like someone is selling a copy for cost + shipping in the FS section. I have never had any transactions with them so this really isn't an endorsement or anything, just shedding light that it's there. 

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/114282-fs-say-anything-is-a-real-boy-box-set/

Whoa... looks like I may have grabbed the one of, if not the last color-in-color the other day. Glad I didn't wait any longer on it. That being said, if this thing gets here and doesn't blow me away, I may be looking to sell it at cost, cause $67 shipped is the most I've ever paid for a record and I'm feeling a liiiiiitle guilty...

Shit, just got this email from Doghouse:

"The shipping notification you recently received was sent in error. Unfortunately, we ran out of the color-in-color box sets, therefore we were unable to fulfill your order. I can send you the OPAQUE PURPLE (PACKAGE 5) set as a replacement."

I feel like a douche but... I really don't care to have the purple variant. I already have both oxblood and oxblood splatter 2x12" pressings, so purple hardly sounds like an appealing addition.

Those who have the box set, is it really worth getting even if I'd be unhappy with the color?

"The shipping notification you recently received was sent in error. Unfortunately, we ran out of the color-in-color box sets, therefore we were unable to fulfill your order. I can send you the OPAQUE PURPLE (PACKAGE 5) set as a replacement."

I feel like a douche but... I really don't care to have the purple variant. I already have both oxblood and oxblood splatter 2x12" pressings, so purple hardly sounds like an appealing addition.

Those who have the box set, is it really worth getting even if I'd be unhappy with the color?

At this point, if you already have copies that you do like and listen to, why get a copy that you wouldn't like? If you don't need a 7" with But A Fleeting Illness on it, I'd probably pass. I personally like the box set better than the 2xLP version because of the 7", booklet and overall presentation but I'd probably just pass in your case. 

I have the 2xLP and got this because I wanted the 7". Really impressed with the package. The box is nice quality, the booklet with the look back stories by different people involved is a cool thing and the records themselves look nice. Only thing I'm a little bummed on is that there is no lyric sheet (I mean it's not like we need one for this record, but it's always nice to have). Overall, I feel it was worth the money though.

I got an email too saying they ran out of Package 4, "we were shorted about 30 from the manufacturer" they say.  Seems like they should get them to make more copies instead of fucking over their customers.