RIP Stuart Scott

kurtz

Man, I woke up this morning and saw the notification from ESPN ScoreCaster. The news really hit me and it's crazy because I have no connection to Stu at all. But I grew up watching him on SportsCenter in the 90's and I attribute a lot of sports love and knowledge to wanting to wanting to just watch the broadcasts on loop (back when they did that). He always seemed like a genuinely nice, fun, loving guy. And the speech he gave at the ESPYs is 2014 was awe inspiring and moving, possibly his greatest professional TV moment. He was a legend that changed the way sports broadcasting was done. RIP!

This is sad news. I was watching Sportscenter yesterday when Hannah Storm tried to announce his death. It was tough seeing everyone trying to stay focused when one of their "family" members passed. Scott wasn't my favorite anchor, but he was enjoyable to watch and listen to.

I play my enemies like a game of chess

Lord, he made his kinfolk proud - Pookie, Ray Ray, Moesha

Vlade Daddi, he like to party. He don't cause trouble, he don't bother nobody.......

Pure Class. One of the few reasons to watch SC. RIP Mr. Scott. I bet those clouds are as cool as the other side of that pillow. A True Fighter.

there are few celebrity deaths that i have followed as closely as this one. scott really was just one of those personalities that was quietly with me for most of my life. and one of my absolute favorite snl skits of all time was when tim meadows played him alongside ray romano- to the point where i mindlessly referred to him as stu pot.

but every tribute i've seen from his colleagues has been equally heart-wrenching. they just continue to paint the picture of someone who deserves every last person's admiration.

This is sad news. I was watching Sportscenter yesterday when Hannah Storm tried to announce his death. It was tough seeing everyone trying to stay focused when one of their "family" members passed. Scott wasn't my favorite anchor, but he was enjoyable to watch and listen to.

I was watching that when it happened and it was so sad

i watched all the tributes by his colleagues on my phone and cried the whole time.

stuart scott was the man. i was too young to understand how influential and trailblazing he was not only for african american journalists and athletes for but for all journalists.

one of my favorite commercials, in all its 15 seconds of glory:

http://youtu.be/wLxKSvkpE1Y