Record Store Day 2015 (4/18/15)

Lackluster.....Most people will probably miss it because they'll be looking for Pete and Pete on the cover

Lackluster? It's a super solid 90's alt-rock album!

I realize now you're talking about RSD overall.

Also...I really hope people miss out on that Polaris thinking it's gonna have Pete and Pete on the cover so I can snag one.

Does anyone have any further detail on the Steve Reich release? It seems very expensive (in the UK at least) for a 2xLP

This is what we have on it:

The 1998 Nonesuch recording of the landmark minimalist work of the 20th century, Music for 18 Musicians, available on vinyl for the first time. Pressed at Pallas MFG, Diepholz, Germany on two 180g LPs, with old-style double pocket gatefold jacket. Mastered for vinyl by Robert C. Ludwig, Gateway Mastering, Portland, ME. Lacquers cut by Chris Bellman, Bernie Grundman Studios, Los Angeles, CA.

The Ludwig/Bellman/Pallas combo does add to the price, but you know the mastering and pressing will be amazing.

Some Band is a good name for a band

Ha, we had a band play the coffee shop I used to work at and they were called UghGod.

I didn't get it until someone asked me what they were called and I replied with their name and the person was like, "Wtf, dude. Don't get so pissy."