Record Store Day 2015 (4/18/15)

Anyone from Michigan know any record stores that have decent lines? UHF was terrible last year.

Other side of the state, but Corner Record Shop in Kalamazoo wasn't bad last year (got in line an hour before and was 15-20 in line). Corner Record Store in Grandville (Grand Rapids) usually has a line but it isn't usually too bad (5-10 people lined up 20 minutes before open). They don't get as much as Vertigo (Grand Rapids) though, which usually has a pretty large line.

Been to UHF a couple times, but never for RSD, so it's difficult to compare.

Other side of the state, but Corner Record Shop in Kalamazoo wasn't bad last year (got in line an hour before and was 15-20 in line). Corner Record Store in Grandville (Grand Rapids) usually has a line but it isn't usually too bad (5-10 people lined up 20 minutes before open). They don't get as much as Vertigo (Grand Rapids) though, which usually has a pretty large line.

Been to UHF a couple times, but never for RSD, so it's difficult to compare.

Vertigo is always a madhouse, but they mix their RSD titles in with the regular stock, so it helps the "regulars" out. If you already know where to find genres/bands you have a greater chance of picking up their RSD releases as well. I love and miss Vertigo each RSD since I've moved.

I haven't lived in Athens for 7 years, but I think Wuxtry is still one of my all time favorite stores. There's always a decent selection and Bizarro upstairs is super fun too. I miss those places, 40 Watt, and the Grill like mad. Also Tasty World: RIP.

Gotta love Wuxtry. I hope they stay open forever. Or at least long enough for me to move away then come back a few years down the road for a football game and go in and be like "holy shit, this place hasn't changed at all." Ultimate goal right there. Also, let it be known that every single year I've done RSD, I've always been tempted to go to Criminal instead of Wuxtry, just so I can meet some of the other Atlanta-area board bruhs in person. Maybe it'll happen eventually.

(That said, if any of y'all will somehow miraculously be in Athens this RSD, lemme know and I'll high five you in line and help you get stuff on your list. The chances of that happening are slim, but hey, it's worth mentioning.)

Can't find this info anywhere so maybe someone here will know. 

The live Bedhead live in Chicago LP is listed as a regional release. But which region? lol Texas? Chicago? I will be out of town/traveling that weekend so I'm not putting much effort into getting any releases on the actual RSD but I do see that Bullmoose does not have that listed.. :( Any ideas where that will be for sale?

I see it on the RSD site but not on any of the internal lists. I don't think we were even solicited for this one so I don't have any info to share. Sorry about that.

In general, the Limited Run/Regional Focus designation doesn't mean that RSD is limited distribution to a specific region. The purpose is to let you know that not many are being made, often because the artist only has regional fame. It's not that stores outside an artist's home territory won't have it. They can order if if they think they can sell it. Releases that are truly limited to a certain area don't make the list. 

Vertigo is always a madhouse, but they mix their RSD titles in with the regular stock, so it helps the "regulars" out. If you already know where to find genres/bands you have a greater chance of picking up their RSD releases as well. I love and miss Vertigo each RSD since I've moved.

Forgot to mention this. Very good point.

I'll be at Wuxtry, too - been living in Athens for nearly 9 years, fantastic store.  One of the clerks at Wuxtry has an awesome garage band called "Nate and the Nightmares".  Check'em out.

Not sure what I want, if anything from the RSD list, but don't be afraid to holler if you want anything - last year Wuxtry seemed to have nearly everything...Probably head down there early just so I can dork out in line with like-minded record nerds and help them snag stuff when the doors open at 10.

I still think it's funny that RSD hasn't hired a new web designer since they started. The list and website look so awful every year.

That is a little bizarre. You could buy a theme and use an open source CMS for next to nothing. The whole enterprise is really lackluster on the aesthetic side. Doesn't seem to be hindering them though, so might just be smart money saved.

Robotic Empire will be releasing their second Nirvana tribute album on RSD

www.altpress.com/features/entry/circa_survive_cover_nirvanas_drain_you_exclusive

The vinyl edition of Whatever Nevermind is being released as a 12″ + bonus 7″ combined, with artwork inspired by and mutated from the original album, and includes a high-quality digital download. Record Store Day 2015 will see an exclusive color-vinyl edition accompanied by a large poster, akin to the 2014 RSD release of In Utero: In Tribute.

www.roboticempire.com/robotic-empire-announces-second-nirvana-tribute-whatever-nevermind/