Jon Stewart is leaving The Daily Show

I have a few thoughts about this. 

Definitely a bummer. He had an incredible run though.

Colbert leaving was tougher for me. 

That being said, I actually really like Larry Wilmore's show. I wasn't expecting to either. 

I also like Last Week Tonight even though I didn't really care for Oliver on The Daily Show.

The Daily Show has no shortage of talent, so I'm sure they can find a successor pretty easily and keep the team intact. There may even already be plans. I'm sure Strewart didn't decide this morning. 

Though, if I had a vote, I'd want to see John Fugelsang host a Daily Show-like program, if not the actual show. Though he would've been a better Colbert replacement. 

I think it's also important to point out that The Daily Show started off as a lighter onion-like news parody show. It did well enough, but Jon Stewart made it something completely unique. The show did a lot for the political landscape of this country and covered real stories that no one else did. 

That's what makes this suck so much. 

Jon Stewart is the only TV personality who's ever made me cry. Like, multiple times. Just thinking about the episode from a few years back right at the end of the year where he talked to first responders who had been denied government benefits makes me want to weep on my couch like I did when it first aired.

There's almost no way CC replaces him with another white dude. 

Larry Wilmore is black. 

At this point, I would think they'd replace Jon with whoever they feel will get the best ratings. Whether the Daily Show remains the Daily Show or turns into something else. 

Jon Stewart's production company produces The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore. I wouldn't be surprised if they continued to produce The Daily Show. 

Comedy Central is really evolving into something that I don't understand anymore. South Park and occasionally Workaholics will be the only thing I tune in for pretty soon. Can't stand 95% of the newer shows now that Key and Peele has kind of taken a poor turn.

I feel the opposite. They're producing some of the funniest shows on TV (in my opinion at least). Review, Kroll Show, Broad City, and Nathan for You are all fucking spectacular.

I feel the opposite. They're producing some of the funniest shows on TV (in my opinion at least). Review, Kroll Show, Broad City, and Nathan for You are all fucking spectacular.

To each their own, my tastes are certainly different. Can't stand Kroll Show or Broad City in the least bit. Didn't even know Nathan for You was still being produced.

Bummer man. But it makes sense, or at least, it seemed like he was a little checked out. Aside from the occasional heartfelt monologue it seems like the show has sort of been on autopilot for a bit now. I'm hoping he moves on to bigger and better things.

I'm excited to see what comes next for him. Funny and sharp fella.

Aside from The Daily Show I don't watch all that much Comedy Central, but I thought Nathan For You was absolutely hilarious the couple times I caught it.

It really is a bummer seeing Jon Stewart leave though. Definitely curious to see what he does next.

To each their own, my tastes are certainly different. Can't stand Kroll Show or Broad City in the least bit. Didn't even know Nathan for You was still being produced.

Aww come on man! Broad City is the best! I always kinda thought it felt like a "female Workaholics."

Also, this is the last season of the Kroll Show :(.

Ha, when I watched the episode last week with the guy from Better Call Saul I told a friend that I thought Stewart was going to be gone in a year.  Forget the exact comment he made some comment that made me think he wasn't long for the job.

Sucks, can't imagine anyone doing that as well as him.

John Oliver hosting the show when Jon was out directing his movie was amazing.  I cannot imagine he'd leave the literal freedom of saying whatever the fuck he wants on HBO though.  Maybe he would?  Nah, I doubt it.  

John Stewarts last week of shows will be incredible.  I wonder what he's going to do.  His interview with the director of Boyhood said a lot when he was talking about how when you're so busy in the industry you miss your children growing up, and how you forget those moments.  I typically only watch TDS on DVR the following day, so watching that after seeing that he was retiring made sense.  

I think it's also important to point out that The Daily Show started off as a lighter onion-like news parody show. It did well enough, but Jon Stewart made it something completely unique. The show did a lot for the political landscape of this country and covered real stories that no one else did. 

That's what makes this suck so much. 

This exactly. Its hard to think of anyone replacing him or carrying on with the show because he's so unique. He's such a smart dude and when he speaks it just makes SENSE.