Sun Kil Moon - Universal Themes (PO Later This Year?)

This is probably the most accurate description of Benji yet... And the reason why I can't get into it, despite the glowing reviews.

Sorry, when you're taking lyrical cues from the man who wrote (and I quote): "This band played at the Metro/ About 200 people were at the show/ The rock show was awesome/ It whooped a pony's ass/ Hootie & The Blowfish!!!! (repeat 4x)"

Not a far stretch from that to "The War On Drugs Can Suck My Cock"...

i am dying laughing.

this is the best description of sun kil moon's newer material.  not that it really detracts from how great it is, because it IS really good.  there are some hilariously similar lyrical comparisons.  i like just about anything kozelek puts out in a sincere way.  but yea.  definitely wesley willis.

So, so psyched for this. On a related note, what are the odds of Red House Painters records getting repressed? I don't know the story behind that. Bawled my eyes out listening to Katy Song last night and remembered how much i wanted those albums on vinyl.

No 4AD stuff ever seems to get repressed. Even the CDs of RHP are hard to find new now. 

I sucked it up and grabbed Ocean Beach 2X10" when I saw it for (just) under $100. I'd be in for a complete box set but I get the feeling it will never ever happen... 4AD doesn't care about reissues and MK *really* doesn't care about reissues.

• 2 months later...