Troll Thread

stl_ben

I got mad at Ben one time because he had a record I knew was a double of his that he got pretty cheap and was trying to sell to me fairly pricey, and I really wanted it. But I waited it out and just got a copy fairly cheap. First world problems.

But seriously I have almost zero problem with what he does. He clearly buys records to listen to, and he's taking this incredibly niche-y product like My Chemical Romance, and turning a profit. A record that is getting repressed. And is available everywhere in a different color. 

Hi Ben. Have a good day.

EDIT: I'm selling a 7" record on Discogs for $10,000 if anyone wants it.

I'm just happy I can cross off "Take part in an argument about the ethics of selling My Chemical Romance records" off my bucket list. Seems like it's a very important and worthwhile cause to voice an opinion in. Feels like the winds are finally changing and the world of buying and selling mid-2000's poppy emo records can only get better from here on out.

And just a suggestion to Ben, I don't know if you still have multiple copies of whatever it is you're selling, but if you do, I believe at least one of them would make great material for a nice decorative bowl.

Sorry I have it priced in the same range as previous sales?

http://www.popsike.com/The-Killers-Christmas-In-LA-Featuring-Dawes-Promo-White-Label-12-Single/251409505696.html

I don't see anyone around here selling a copy of Deja at cost?

You would post the older more expensive auction on there.

You would post the older more expensive auction on there.

Sorry, here is a link to all the sales:

http://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch.php?searchtext=killers+dawes+christmas&thumbs=&currsel=&sortord=&x=0&y=0

Average price is $232....just a hair lower than what I currently have it listed for now.

(Yes I lowered the price today to adjust for the current market.)

Don't be a dumb fuck Ben. You know the difference.

I don't see the difference people in hundreds of fields buy products and resell them at a marked up price due to demand.

There is risks and rewards to this, some times stuff goes up in value some times it goes down....

Better business people just pick things that go up in value!

For example Donald Trump buys property and has made a lot of money of it by buying low and selling high.

Hate him because he is a dumb ass not because he is a property "flipper".

Property flippers actually put in work to improve their investment, you fucking simp.

Some do and some don't.

Some buy up land just knowing it going to improve in value due to development around it or other interest.

But yes the more work you put into something the more profit you stand to make.

I put in minimal effort and got minimal profit on these releases.

Yeah come on guys. Kidnappers do it all the time.

Do you kidnap some poor kid? Hell no! You kidnap a rich kid or a princess or some shit.

Then, if their parents return your ransom call you know they care about the kid. So you jack up that ransom a couple of million. Supply and demand!

They want me to supply their captured princess, I demand more money!

It's as much like kidnapping as it is like property management, used car sales, or Target.

you are right me buying a product and selling it for a higher price is more like someone else stealing something and selling it then someone else who buys and sells......how did I not see the analogy sooner....