Troll Thread

stl_ben

Do you guys also get mad a used car salesmen or stock brokers?

That's such a false equivalency it's laughable.

More like, do you get mad at a normal person for buying a car from a car salesman for the going price, then immediately turning around and selling it for 3x as much. Except that would never happen. Ever.

Stock brokers are an entirely different thing altogether.

Do you guys also get mad a used car salesmen or stock brokers?

The used car sales man thing would work if you were running a record store and buying used records. Could also work if you were running a distro and buying wholesale directly from labels and then applying a slight markup for the convenience of buying multiple records from a single company.

People get upset when record stores and labels act like you do.

Haven't seen a single person complain that Coheed & Cambria has marked up their OS records and is selling them on ebay....

You mean this?

http://m.ebay.com/sch/coheedofficialoutlet/m.html?isRefine=true&_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

A $25 OOP 7" that goes for three times that amount doesn't compare to you flipping a record that will repressed within the year. You are gonna have to try harder if you wanna find an excuse for you being flipper scum.

So like comedy, its all about timing?

If I would have waited 3 years for these to be harder to find then it would have been ok to sell them?

You're not getting it. If you bought the record - singular, not a dozen copies of the same limited variant - because you were a fan, and then sold it 3 years down the road, I see no issue. People outgrow arists and tastes evolve over time. I've sold nostalgic purchases I made in 2009 because the going rates can fund 8-10 new releases that are relevant to my current tastes. There is no harm in that.

What you're doing is specifically lurking VC like a pathetic mouth-breather, gauging hype behind releases that you're (probably) completely clueless to, and have zero ambition to own or listen to. That's where the problem lies. If you bought albums because you were excited about the music on them, the community wouldn't be giving you shit. But at the end of the day you're just here to prowl discussions and leech off general excitement in hopes of making a quick buck. So, yeah, fuck off.

You're not getting it. If you bought the record - singular, not a dozen copies of the same limited variant - because you were a fan, and then sold it 3 years down the road, I see no issue. People outgrow arists and tastes evolve over time. I've sold nostalgic purchases I made in 2009 because the going rates can fund 8-10 new releases that are relevant to my current tastes. There is no harm in that.

What you're doing is specifically lurking VC like a pathetic mouth-breather, gauging hype behind releases that you're (probably) completely clueless to, and have zero ambition to own or listen to. That's where the problem lies. If you bought albums because you were excited about the music on them, the community wouldn't be giving you shit. But at the end of the day you're just here to lurk discussions and leech off general excitement in hopes of making a quick buck. So, yeah, fuck off.

racers.gif

I don't keep track of everything you flip, but I know you having a raging erection for all things Mondo. I imagine you touch yourself while ordering Hot Topic exclusives in bulk, too.

haven't bought anything from Mondo since Guardians....that was a great soundtrack.

My wife often touches me while I spin it......