The Mark Kozelek/Sun Kil Moon/Red House Painters thread

Do you guys think that Caldo Verde will have some special colours of Universal Themes or will it just be on black? What's the chat?

I mentioned this a few days ago...

I was thinking this morning, I bet it's gonna show up on Caldo soon in like 3-5 different color variations just to make everything that much more difficult...

Hopefully after seeing the amount of buzz/sales generated by the RHP reissues, Mark/Vinyl Films/Caldo see the huge potential in reissuing everything. It's crazy how even Among The Leaves and Benji go for big bucks when they're so recent. Maybe now that Rough Trade are helping Caldo they could share the effort/cost of represses.

Haha I think you might be right Tim. Maybe we should take Mark's advice from Live at Biko where Mark says if you're a girl he will talk to you about vinyl records for an hour whereas if it was a guy he'd kick their ass. We need one of the lady VC'ers to confront him with a list of questions about reissues, variants and why Caldo is so poor at announcements/organisation.

Got my copy of Blue Guitar from Amoeba this morning. Did a comparison to my Plain pressing. 

I think I marginally preferred the Island pressing. The Plain pressing, while decent, always sounded a tad muddy to my ears. The Island version is cleaner and crisper and a touch louder. The one downside to the Island pressing is a bit of sibilance. Its minor, but its there. I think if you have the Plain version and are on the fence on buying another copy of Blue Guitar, there isn't a rush to go get this one because the jump in quality isn't massive. Especially in the sleeves.

Got my copy of Blue Guitar from Amoeba this morning. Did a comparison to my Plain pressing.

I think I marginally preferred the Island pressing. The Plain pressing, while decent, always sounded a tad muddy to my ears. The Island version is cleaner and crisper and a touch louder. The one downside to the Island pressing is a bit of sibilance. Its minor, but its there. I think if you have the Plain version and are on the fence on buying another copy of Blue Guitar, there isn't a rush to go get this one because the jump in quality isn't massive. Especially in the sleeves.

This I enough info to allow me to pass on this, esp with how great the jacket is on the Plain press. Thanks for the side by side audio comparison.

Every time this gets bumped I think it's going to be a for a U.S. preorder of Universal Themes.

I ordered an EU version off discogs from Germany(they have the cheapest EU shipping costs). Charged me 6 bucks shipping. I beleive the total came to 34 dollars us. Looks like the seller raised some of the prices after "first batch" sold out over weekend but still can be had cheap

I love the koz's music. Absolutely love it. But all you guys really like Universal Themes? Seriously an easy pass.

Little petty bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch

Be glad you're not a motherfucker sleeping in the ditch

Sleeping in the streets

Sleep in your own vomit

Sleep in your own piss

Sleep in a pile of pigeon or dog or rat or crackwhore shit

Sleeping in the streets

Sleep in your own vomit

Sleep in your own piss

Not surprised in the least if those are actual lyrics from Universal Themes....

Sleeping in the streets

Sleep in your own vomit

Sleep in your own piss

It's mighty clear who he's channeling...

"Lick a camel's ass

Lick a moose's dick

Suck my doggie's cock

Suck a honey badger's ass

Suck my dog's dick

Suck my dog's dick

Suck my dog's dick

Suck my dog's dick"

When I first put on the Island press the first thing I noticed was the sibilance.  When I compared it to the Plain pressing, the Plain pressing still had sibilance, but it was a little less pronounced.  It's safe to say it's due to the slight dullness in the Plain pressing since it's also present on Spotify.  

Finding differences in the original version of Rollercoaster vs. the reissue concerning track order and jackets & sleeves...

Jacket Comparison: http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah248/JasonGalloway77/download 1_zpse1ssmtz6.jpg

Original Inner sleeves:http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah248/JasonGalloway77/download_zpsy5yj7ld9.jpg

Reissue Inner sleeves: http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah248/JasonGalloway77/download 2_zpsen6dwh1k.jpg