The Mark Kozelek/Sun Kil Moon/Red House Painters thread

i'll be the first to admit that i'm a fucking moron, but i think his most recent stuff is some of the most compelling art i've ever experienced.

At this point the only time I am happy with him is when he does a cover song, as long as it's not chopped and screwed to fit his current style. He won't play his older songs from the nineties, but he loves the fuck out of a cover song so he's a karaoke machine as opposed to a jukebox...

• 2 weeks later...

Just got a copy of "Universal Themes" from importCD through Amazon for $10.86 ($14.85 shipped).

I couldn't believe it. It was so cheap because it had a "corner bend," and I thought "shit, for that price, a corner bend is nothing." You can't even see the bend unless you're looking really hard for it. Still brand new and in the shrink wrap too. Like really... The damage is so minimal I wouldn't have even thought twice about it if they hadn't mentioned it in the first place.

Pretty damn happy right now.

Just got a copy of "Universal Themes" from importCD through Amazon for $10.86 ($14.85 shipped).

I couldn't believe it. It was so cheap because it had a "corner bend," and I thought "shit, for that price, a corner bend is nothing." You can't even see the bend unless you're looking really hard for it. Still brand new and in the shrink wrap too. Like really... The damage is so minimal I wouldn't have even thought twice about it if they hadn't mentioned it in the first place.

Pretty damn happy right now.

excellent news! I'm sure a few of us will be happy. Glad I held off from Amazon uk

Every thread that I read regarding albums that are being pressed in the US and Europe, there's always some guy who chimes in that the Euro pressing will sound better.  Well, the Rough Trade pressing of "Universal Themes" sounds pretty bad.  By far, the worst sounding Mark Kozelek related record I own.  That includes the Plain pressing of "Songs for a Blue Guitar".

Every thread that I read regarding albums that are being pressed in the US and Europe, there's always some guy who chimes in that the Euro pressing will sound better. Well, the Rough Trade pressing of "Universal Themes" sounds pretty bad. By far, the worst sounding Mark Kozelek related record I own. That includes the Plain pressing of "Songs for a Blue Guitar".

Mine sounds a-ok. What specifically sounds bad?