PO NOW: Soundgarden - Echo Of Miles: Scattered Tracks Across The Path 6 LP Boxset

Yes.  Picture discs almost always sound like garbage.  Somebody correct me on this if I'm wrong please, but my understanding is that the picture sandwiched in the middle allows for a much more shallow groove which in turn affects overall fidelity. 

A real shame these are on picture discs for sure!  Looks like it would be a great set to own otherwise.  Pass.

Yes.  Picture discs almost always sound like garbage.  Somebody correct me on this if I'm wrong please, but my understanding is that the picture sandwiched in the middle allows for a much more shallow groove which in turn affects overall fidelity. 

A real shame these are on picture discs for sure!  Looks like it would be a great set to own otherwise.  Pass.

That's my understanding as well.  Because there is a piece of paper in the middle of the two slabs of vinyl, the depths of the grooves are, by nature, shallower and therefore lose fidelity.  I'm not sure if that is the reason they're plagued with surface noise or not.  But after dropping ~$40 on the "official" version of Lateralus, I'll be skipping any and all picture discs from now on.

We all agree that the price and picture discs are non-starters here.

I have the CD set, and I'm a huge Soundgarden fan, and really only disc 1 is worth a full double LP price. The B-sides disc is really great, quality Soundgarden (except for Exit Stonehenge, that should have been on disc 3 IMO). Disc two, the covers, is OK. There are some great songs, but mostly middle of the road stuff that doesn't do much for me. Except for Black Days III and Karaoke, disc 3 is a complete throw away as its experimental instrumentals and remixes. Pricing this set like its three Superknowns worth of material is really out of touch and even a bit arrogant and reeks of taking advantage of your fans. I guess they got away with a not so special reissue of Superunknown for $60, so they figured they'd just roll with it.

Ok. Got that off my chest.