Game Of Thrones SEASON 5! (NO SPOILERS BOOK PEOPLE)

Fucking great episode. It's surreal seeing Dany and Tyrion conspire together (poor Lord Friendzone though) and Cersei struggling was hilarious but that battle ... damn. So good.

And I heard that the books only hinted at Valyrian Steel being as effective as dragon glass, so ... I guess the show is spoiling the books now? As a (yet) non-book reader, this is pretty sweet haha.

Amazing episode! Isn't Valeryian steel supposed to be very rare? Time to track down the few swords left.

Rarish. Tracking them down isn't the problem. The location of the remaining blades is pretty well documented. The closest is probably Brienne with Oathkeeper. The issue is that nobody who owns one has any plans to part with it. Tywin Lannister tried unsuccessfully for many years to purchase a Valyrian steel sword for his family. He ended up swiping the Stark's sword, Ice.

oh and Benjen was credited on imdb with an appearance this episode as well as the remaining 2 episodes.

at first I thought he made a zombie appearance that I missed, but there are other way better theories.

You realize this is just people fucking with you right? Imdb is like Wikipedia with a fraction of the mods so shit is wrong all the time.

For a second there I thought that the white walker was going to be able to just freeze the water and then the army would charge across. I guess zombies don't like chilly water, though.

I was expecting the same, although seeing all those corpses reanimate was one of the most terrifying moments of the series.

Somehow, I have a really bad feeling about Jon Snow returning to the wall..

I heard that in the books, there's a mutiny and his NW brothers "kill" him - of course, Melisandre can revive him apparently - or the Night's King. But I'm mainly worried about Sam and Gilly. Although they've invested so much character development and screen time for them, that means nothing in this show. Hopefully there won't be another Red Wedding-esque scene with that little piece of shit Olly killing a shitload of Wildlings.

Somehow, I have a really bad feeling about Jon Snow returning to the wall..

I heard that in the books, there's a mutiny and his NW brothers "kill" him - of course, Melisandre can revive him apparently - or the Night's King. But I'm mainly worried about Sam and Gilly. Although they've invested so much character development and screen time for them, that means nothing in this show. Hopefully there won't be another Red Wedding-esque scene with that little piece of shit Olly killing a shitload of Wildlings.

re: sam and gilly (book spoiler)

in the books, they left the wall well before any mutiny. in the books mance rayder had a wife/child and they swapped gilly's baby with his in order to save it from a classic melisandre "kings blood" sacrifice. so sam, gilly, maester aemon (who dies on the trip, not at the wall), and mance's child start off for the citadel for sam to get maester training.

I dunno about worth every episode this season, but that was one of the best, if not the best, large scale action piece they've done. It was really, really good. This is the first week I've been excited for the next episode this year, I'll probably even watch it live. 

The wights (sp?) were the same as the Bran fought at the tree, correct? They seemed more zombie like in this episode. 

I dunno about worth every episode this season, but that was one of the best, if not the best, large scale action piece they've done. It was really, really good. This is the first week I've been excited for the next episode this year, I'll probably even watch it live. 

The wights (sp?) we're the same as the Bran fought at the tree, correct? They seemed more zombie like in this episode. 

Same thing.  they vary from skeletal types to more zomie like depending on how long they were dead before they were raised.  you can see both at the battle.

re: sam and gilly (book spoiler)

in the books, they left the wall well before any mutiny. in the books mance rayder had a wife/child and they swapped gilly's baby with his in order to save it from a classic melisandre "kings blood" sacrifice. so sam, gilly, maester aemon (who dies on the trip, not at the wall), and mance's child start off for the citadel for sam to get maester training.

pretty sure Sam and Gilly will be ok. They're already casting what is clearly (based on he casting description) the Tarley family for next season.

pretty sure Sam and Gilly will be ok. They're already casting what is clearly (based on he casting description) the Tarley family for next season.

I'm guessing that Jon will give the order to send Sam/Gilly South next episode once he returns to the wall and finds that Aemon has died and possibly finds out about the attack on Sam/Gilly.