Autolux are finally releasing 2004's 'Future Perfect' on vinyl—and it costs 80 fucking dollars

First off, this album is fucking amazing and you should check it out if you've never heard it before:

Second off: EIGHTY FUCKING DOLLARS?!? From http://autolux.net: 

splash-future.jpg

FUTURE PERFECT LIMITED COLLECTORS-EDITION DOUBLE VINYL

Each double LP comes with one black and white OR color photograph, taken during the making of the new Autolux album. The photos were shot with a Mamiya RZ67 medium format camera, using a Polaroid back with Fuji (peel-apart) instant film. All of the photos were taken by Carla, with the exception of the photos taken of her. They were each hand-picked by Autolux from over 800 photos, so that only the best photos make up the 500 that are now available in this limited-edition packaging. This means that the photo that you receive is the exact photo taken and it was not reproduced. The back of every photo is stamped, numbered and signed by Autolux. The complete special edition comes packaged within a printed anti-static metallic sleeve, wrapped in silver thermal protective bubble wrap.

woah, my last name is Peterman. hey, Peterman!

Haha! My name is Peter. My username is a reference to the way Lawrence addresses his neighbour, Peter, from Office Space. My wife's name is Anne, same as Peter's cheating ex-girlfriend. So far, my wife has not cheated on and left me. 

6853485294aadf67af99c0e28706fbd54a0ffd1b

shouldn't the topic be "re-releasing" since this already has a vinyl press?

You are correct! Forgot a few letters in the subject line, my bad.

Showing out of stock for me. Yes, I am considering it even at that price...

I think it is artificially out of stock—they just put this up late last night and if you look at their Facebook page, it's nothing but people complaining about the price. I'm hoping they decided to halt sales and revise their pricing scheme.

I think it is artificially out of stock—they just put this up late last night and if you look at their Facebook page, it's nothing but people complaining about the price. I'm hoping they decided to halt sales and revise their pricing scheme.

It shows in stock now. I think I'll hold off for now though. Hopefully they do lower it. 

But its VINYL, guys. Like grandpa had. And it'd be so cool to have the large artwork. Plus those must-have bundle pieces. I'm surprised this isn't $500.

what is it like to post sarcasm and only sarcasm all day every day? does it still make you snicker after all these posts? I find them funny probably 50% of the time, but I wonder what its like to be so consistent.