Chelsea Wolfe- Abyss- Summer 2015

Chelsea Wolfe will follow 2013's Pain Is Beauty this summer with Abyss on Sargent House. The album has Chelsea joined by frequent collaborators Ben Chisholm, Dylan Fujioka, and Ezra Buchla, as well as Mike Sullivan of Russian Circles (whose last album she sings on) and D.H. Phillips of True Widow (who she's toured with). It was produced by John Congleton, who's worked with Cloud Nothings, Angel Olsen, Swans and more.

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2015/04/chelsea_wolfe_r_2.html#more

Clip in link.....going to be probably be album of year material

So excited for this and can't wait to see them tour behind it. I'm not the biggest John Congleton fan though.

Pure curiosity – where has he steered you wrong?  I know a lot of people squawked about his production on the last Cloud Nothings record, but I thought he hit it out of the park with the latest Swans release.

Pure curiosity – where has he steered you wrong?  I know a lot of people squawked about his production on the last Cloud Nothings record, but I thought he hit it out of the park with the latest Swans release.

The new Andrew Jackson Jihad sounded like every instrument was compressed to hell. I don't despise his style but I sort of just meant it isn't a selling point at all to me. It is all very plain sounding to me. I will obviously love this record as I do with every other record I own that he has had a hand in. This album is gonna rule, so ignore my bitching.

The new Andrew Jackson Jihad sounded like every instrument was compressed to hell. I don't despise his style but I sort of just meant it isn't a selling point at all to me. It is all very plain sounding to me. I will obviously love this record as I do with every other record I own that he has had a hand in. This album is gonna rule, so ignore my bitching.

Nah, you have valid concerns.  Nothing is worse that A+ musicianship getting muddied or cheapened through poor production decisions.  Sounds like he's really hit-or-miss with what he gets his hands on.

I don't think there's been a single Sargent House release that's faltered as far as production goes, though.  I have pretty good faith and optimism for Abyss.  I'm really eager to see what kind of album art it'll feature.

I don't mind Congleton as a producer, but I like him much better as a musician (even though it seems like he's mostly given that up).

I'd be surprised if I didn't like this album, there has yet to be a Wolfe release that I haven't enjoyed quite a bit.

Edit : Hopefully this comes out late summer.  Seems like it'll be much more appropriate music for the fall :)

So damn excited. PiB is actually my least favorite record, but that's still not saying much since its replay value is still high.  Here's to expressing interest in her omitting the electronic aspect a little; or at least diversifying it some. 

Either way, she has my heart. Life's hard sometimes when you wake up knowing you aren't with CW.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/premieres/chelsea-wolfe-details-new-album-streams-haunting-first-single-iron-moon-20150428

Ugh. Why aren't pre orders up in the U.S. Yet?! I might cry. The blue variant featured on the UK site looks perfect.

Can we also talk about this single tho?! God I love her

Album art is gorgeous; probably my favorite of her discography. Kind of wish there wasn't any text on it, though. It's a little distracting.

That UK baby blue matches the text choice nicely - at least in the mockup - but if this record is as dark as it's suggesting it'll be, it seems like there could be better options. I'm eager to see the US pre-order. Hopefully we get something other than clear.