Chelsea Wolfe- Abyss- Summer 2015

• 2 weeks later...

I'm weak as hell when it comes to these things.

Here's all I'll say without delving into spoilers – if you enjoyed Pain Is Beauty but thought to yourself; "damn, this is good, but it could use some massive, gritty guitar tones courtesy of Russian Circles' Mike Sullivan"... you're going to love this record.

I'm weak as hell when it comes to these things.

Here's all I'll say without delving into spoilers – if you enjoyed Pain Is Beauty but thought to yourself; "damn, this is good, but it could use some massive, gritty guitar tones courtesy of Russian Circles' Mike Sullivan"... you're going to love this record.

oh great, and there goes my self-restraint  *searches teh interwebs for album*

I have learned better because I than get stuck with records I dont like and as I am trying to cut down the collection it goes a long way

I've got a pretty good gauge on that stuff now.  I still end up with a dud here and there due to a band changing sounds or just putting out a bad release, but overall I have a nice grasp on which artists I can blindly order an LP from and be happy with it.  Chelsea Wolfe is definitely one of those artists :)

so so so so fucking glad I preordered the splatter 

So so so so fucking sad I didn't. :unsure: If I understood correctly, I might still have a chance at getting a copy as 500 were mailorder and 500 were given for merch while touring? With nowhere near as reasonable a price as it was online though, I'm sure.

I finally got around to getting Pain Is Beauty yesterday from a local book store. It was opened from shrink and front corners were dinged so I got to ask for a bargain. Regular price was 35$ and got it down to 27$. Really wish Sargent House would level out their prices for Europe as it's as much to order directly from them as going through Awesomedistro. /pricerants

Iron Moon has to be one of my favourite tracks of the year so far though. Love how she pretty much reinvents herself for every record.

*Edit. Maw really takes the cake at the moment but my favourite tracks keep changing as I go further in. This album really is exceptional in its entirety.

These words by Brian Cook in the official press release are on point.

Abyss captures this dichotomy, this battle between the soothing and the upsetting, and demonstrates why Chelsea Wolfe has become one of the most intriguing songwriters of the decade.

So so so so fucking sad I didn't. :unsure: If I understood correctly, I might still have a chance at getting a copy as 500 were mailorder and 500 were given for merch while touring? With nowhere near as reasonable a price as it was online though, I'm sure.

Nope, Abyss PO was $31.66, media mail Stateside, which is >= to what I've been paying for Euro releases, even some UK albums!

I can't recall ever seeing a 2xLP at a show for >$30 except for Sigur Ros, where everything was in the stratosphere. So, maybe you will have lucked out by not pre-ordering. Then again, vinyl delays may not have these ready for tour, who knows??

Ahh, yes. That's quite expensive for a brand new LP, indeed.

Well I'm not in the States so what I meant was that for anyone in the EU, awesomedistro doesn't really amount to a cheaper option unfortunately. Also picking it up on tour is probably out of the question. I highly doubt she'll make it through here as usually most EU tours skip right over Estonia. From what I've gathered, for most bands on Sargent House, Western Europe is where it's at.