[PO] Rosetta - Quintessential Ephemera

Nope, that was my first time. Only just discovered these guys like 8 months ago maybe, if that.

I was on the right side of that big post, almost up against the stack of gear.

There was a dude on the left, shorter, with shorter hair, who was totally rocking hard way hard, but I don't recall what kind of shirt he had on.

• 2 weeks later...

So i keep listening to this record.... a lot.

I think it's safe to say that this is their best record, without question.

The depth of emotion and creativity on this is just staggering. It has all the raw intensity of previous Rosetta works, but it just has an added factor of brilliance in the writing that just absolutely blows me away. There is not a weak song on the album. Every track is just !!!!!!!-quality.

I still love all their old stuff, but man.... these guys hit a new peak on this one.

this album is nothing but incredible...can't wait to receive the LP

It really just keeps getting better with every listen. I noticed that once I finally hit about the 5th or 6th time through, it really jumped out to me how profoundly amazing it is.

I was driving home from the Iron Man Lake Place triathlon last weekend, cruising through the Adirondack Mountains with the windows down blasting thing, and it was truly an amazing, transcendental feeling.

The music paired with the scenery so well. I'll remember that forever.

So.... not sure how 420-friendly you guys are here, but... being that I partake very seldomly (usually no more than a half-dozen times a year, truthfully) when I get the chance to combine that with music listening, its a special occasion.

Decided to throw this record on. wowwwwwwwww guyyyyyssssss

Dude, "Untitled III" is without question the greatest Rosetta song. I have many other favories (Je Nen Connais Pas or whatever it is, Temet Nocce, etc) but man, this song is fucking leagues ahead of EVERYTHING.

It is utterly perfect "Rosetta".

This album is just utterly tremendous. It keeps blowing the fuck out of my mind the more I listen to it. They've gotten to "their place" the way Isis gets to "that place" but doing it on their own, with their own sound and take on the trippy post-metal journey.

Anyway, just some thoughts. So thankful this album is a thing.

• 1 month later...

So I want to keep talking about this album, because this thing is a masterwork. Without question, I think this is their best album.

What's really interesting though is that I've come to absolutely love The Anaesthete now. They're very similiar in compositional character with the songs. I used to hate that album, but now I think it's rising to be my 2nd favorite, if that can even be said.

I'm wondering if they'll go back and tweak the old songs to have a 2nd guitar part live, because I would love to hear a bunch of that stuff, especially from Wake/Lift.

It really doesn't matter, but start from the beginning and don't skip any of their  many splits.

Very true... it really doesn't matter. They're all utterly wonderful. The Galilean Satellites is probably the most different/unique in their repertoire, in terms of the songwriting style.

But really, depending on the day of the week and what I'm feeling, whatever album I'm listening to is my favorite.

For what it's worth, The Anaesthete took me the longest to get into. A Determinism Of Morality was my early favorite, followed closely by Wake/Lift. Quintessential Ephemera is definitely their best, though. But they're all my favorites.

I'll question it all day. Like the record but not nearly as much as the others.

Really? See, I think its because of the maturity of the songwriting on this record that sets it apart so much; the progression and development and depth they've achieved. I love the old records too, but this is unquestionably their best-written work. It's their most mature and professional, in the sense of being good at a craft.

Which is not to say that it's LIGHTYEARS beyond the other records, no. Rather, it's just enough of a step ahead to be noticeably better-written and creative and boundary-pushing than the others.

That said, I think I'm going to spin Wake/Lift right now :P