[PO] We Lost The Sea - Departure Songs

track 1, yes some EitS - esque, guitar/snare drum, but the netherworld voices but it in a whole 'nother dimension for me. I honestly don't hear Godspeed much at all, some filler and strings ok, but this is a traditional postrock production with samples and the connecting theme, album is named for.  Evpatoria Report? Yes. Daturah? Yes, absolutely with the repeating distortion guitar riffs mid -track 3, almost a drone and even Caspian guitars in the heavier realm. Addictive.

That's just my ears anyways, much excellent guitar riffage, and the Challenger tribute may not approach the Columbia tribute by EvReport, but Reagan's eulogy at the end, perfect.

Can't do $50 though. Bought the mp3's.

I did buy one of the Quiestest Moments 2xLP for $28 ppd from AUS,  'the impaired jacket' version - hoping the corner ding is not as bad as a typical Euro shipment but for that on wax, the music is more important than the packaging.

I did buy one of the Quiestest Moments 2xLP for $28 ppd from AUS,  'the impaired jacket' version - hoping the corner ding is not as bad as a typical Euro shipment but for that on wax, the music is more important than the packaging.

The ding isn't too bad. Mine had one corner that was bent (basically had a crease in it). Totally worth it for me. I think that record is incredible. 

I'll be seeing them tonight with Fourteen Nights at Sea at a tiny venue. Looking forward to it. 

Great album. Re listening after reading the story behind each song pushed me over the edge to order. I can totally picture each story. Really good (albeit expensive shipping) stuff.

http://www.sputnikmusic.com/review/67917/We-Lost-the-Sea-Departure-Songs/

Thanks for posting this. Even more recommended now.

• 4 weeks later...

Was telling a friend about this band yesterday.  Went online to share the bandcamp link and stumbled onto the fact that this new album exists.  Listening to it right now.  Great ambiance!  Really want to spend $50 on this record.  Are there any copies of Quietest Place on Earth still floating around in Australia??  Cause i need one of those too.  Glad there's other people out there who know about this band besides me.

The ding isn't too bad. Mine had one corner that was bent (basically had a crease in it). Totally worth it for me. I think that record is incredible. 

I'll be seeing them tonight with Fourteen Nights at Sea at a tiny venue. Looking forward to it. 

Still waiting for my copy: $10 for the 2xLP, $18 ship to USA. $28ppd is what I'm payiing for 2xLP in the US now anyways

Was telling a friend about this band yesterday.  Went online to share the bandcamp link and stumbled onto the fact that this new album exists.  Listening to it right now.  Great ambiance!  Really want to spend $50 on this record.  Are there any copies of Quietest Place on Earth still floating around in Australia??  Cause i need one of those too.  Glad there's other people out there who know about this band besides me.

See above - check their bancamp page for records with impaired jackets.

• 1 month later...

HOLY. FUCKING. SHIT.

Somebody please tell me they have a copy of "The Quietest Place On Earth" that they would part with. Please.

This is like, my perfect band. This album is absolutely perfect, in every way.

I might even trade my copy of Oceansize "Effloresce" for the translucent blue version of this album. God fucking damn.

I reiterate, that I will gladly purchase or trade for a copy of "The Quietest Place On Earth" vinyl. That music is absolutely divine to me.

Plus the record looks cool as shit too.

Will probably buy this Translation Loss release... $50 is too much for Departure Songs for me. I like the record, but not THAT much.

i tried again to get into this.

ill just leave it as 'i can't.' just one of those ones ill just never see eye to eye on with the rest of you fellas.

It meanders at times, and it's not as prolific as a lot of people are making it out to be, but its overall vibe and cohesion are pretty solid. I dunno. I can respect that it's not for everyone, but after revisiting it throughout the last few months (and seeing more listens for the future), I kind of feel obligated to pick up a copy.

I reiterate, that I will gladly purchase or trade for a copy of "The Quietest Place On Earth" vinyl. That music is absolutely divine to me.

Plus the record looks cool as shit too.

Will probably buy this Translation Loss release... $50 is too much for Departure Songs for me. I like the record, but not THAT much.

Get in line. I've offered upwards of $200 to multiple people for that baby only to get shot down.

As far as the album itself, I think it has lost some of it's initial appeal. There are some parts which really speak to me but as a whole, I don't think it's AOTY material anymore.

Get in line. I've offered upwards of $200 to multiple people for that baby only to get shot down.

As far as the album itself, I think it has lost some of it's initial appeal. There are some parts which really speak to me but as a whole, I don't think it's AOTY material anymore.

I wonder if we can bug Translation Loss to do a repress of this?

I thought for sure that offering "Effloresce" would make somebody offer it up. At least the CDs are still available.

good work, shinji!

will definitely buy at $25 + shipping, though not too thrilled it's TL. They did get my last Rosetta order right though, so that's 1 for 3 now.

Track 3 is worth the price of admission alone, kind of like Petrovic on Talons' album for me. Track 1 has grown own me, and as I believe have written before the Challenger tribute, while a bit meandering, is very well done. I remember where I was and watching that tragedy real time in 1986.

I like my copy of TQPOE, even with the dinged jacket, sounds great; but don't need the Blue copy and wouldn't pay a fortune. Wish I had a copy each for Kurazz and Gumbo though.