PO: NOW! - Caspian - Dust and Disquiet (9/25/15)

LOL. :D

Hook, line, and sinker'd. I knew that would get you guys, hahaha.

You guys made me literally laugh out loud at your responses, so I got everything I wanted to out of that.

I don't know that I'd call it my favorite song, though. Maybe not even by a long shot. If I HAD to pick, I think I'd have to go with Quovis/Further Up/Further In, followed maybe by Gone In Bloom and Bough, Some Are White Light, Loft, Procellous...

Messing with my friends, ey?? ;)

Its just too easy sometimes.

Moksha is definitely up there, too. I love the ending to that track. And Loft.

But really, all of Caspian's songs are equally awesome. I don't think they could write anything bad if they tried. New album looks to be my favorite thus far based on the few tracks released.

Which is interesting, because Waking Season was the album that got me into the band, and its now the album I listen to the least.

D&D is definitely shaping up to be my favorite thus far.

The album version of Sycamore is far down my list of Caspian favs but live there really is no comparison.

Gutted my only real chance to catch them on this tour (3+ hour drive Thursday) will come & go without being able to make it. Hope to God they add more dates later on.

Phil posted something about a mid-set showcase he's doing. I wonder what that'll be all about.

Also, still count me in as wanting a tour press! Which BTW, if they are starting the tour this week, are those going to be available?

EDIT:  My mistake, the Michigan show I spoke of isn't until next Thursday.

Yeah it seems like they should be.  Hopefully someone here catches an earlier date and can shed some light.

Also, was there anyone else besides Matt and I that were taking the trip up from PDX to Seattle for their show?  Cant remember.

I'm going to pick up tickets for you guys when I get back home btw.

Are the distorted vocals in Gone In Bloom and Bough words, or is he just making noises?

I believe it was said that they are open for interpretation. There's a set of lyrics somewhere of what someone said they thought they were. And they seem pretty close. I'll try and find that later unless someone else gets to it first.

Are the distorted vocals in Gone In Bloom and Bough words, or is he just making noises?

I believe it was said that they are open for interpretation. There's a set of lyrics somewhere of what someone said they thought they were. And they seem pretty close. I'll try and find that later unless someone else gets to it first.

How does it feel to wonder
How does it feel to know who we are
I cannot find one answer
I cannot find my way back to when my sun died

My sun died
My sun died
My sun died
My sun died

How does it feel to wonder
How does it feel to know who we are
I cannot find no other
I cannot find my way back to when my sun died

My sun died
My sun died
My sun died
My sun died

Now that it falls we live with you
Now that I feel the same with you
Now that it falls we live with you
Now that I found the way there

(Instrumental)

My sunlight X8

"Rioseco" just absolutely floored me. Best song on D&D so far (thru 4 songs - yes, better than even Arcs). Sounds like they could've teamed up with Toundra the way they did the orchestral bit. And then that build at the end...

This, so fricking much. I was thinking that this is the best record Caspian has recorded up to and including Darkfield, then it lost me. I hope some re-listenings will change my perception on the last bit. So flipping good though. 

That link only has 3 songs on it now????

EDIT: Wow, Rioseco is absolutely fucking stunning. What a track. Very different dynamic level for Caspian to maintain for a song. It's like Caspian in a fancy nightgown dress at a ball thrown by the local drug kingpin: beautiful and light, but dark.

EDIT 2: Jesus Christ... Arcs of Command. Good fucking lord... Wow. This might be my new favorite Caspian song. This tune just does not quit.