PO: The Wonder Years - No Closer to Heaven

God I hope The Wonder Years and You Blew It! aren't touring with State Champs. Fuck 'em.

It's true.

Fuck State Champs. Even from a non moralistic point of view (which still leaves me uneasy about TWY) state champs is going to really fuck up this show when it comes to crowd, fewer people there for MCS and worse sexist kids

It's true.

Fuck State Champs. Even from a non moralistic point of view (which still leaves me uneasy about TWY) state champs is going to really fuck up this show when it comes to crowd, fewer people there for MCS and worse sexist kids

Doubtful. No one in their right mind would miss MCS with TWY due to the openers.

It's true.

So just because people listen to State Champs, it makes them sexist? Get the fuck out of here.

I just want to get this whole thing straight....people hate SC now because their guitar player said "tumblr justice" or whatever it was but I hardly see anyone question TWY.

Fuck both of these bands but fuck TWY more for just completely ignoring all the stuff they've been associated with on the JJR front. They employed him for years and years and only let him go when the stuff became public. There's NO WAY the band didn't know about this stuff.

I agree, though according to Jason Tate, there's some more stuff that make it a little more confusing even though TWY definitely sort of sucks in this situation. Soupy has apparently spoken to the victim (the most important aspect of it all), and the band made a big anonymous donation to RAINN, and we all know JJR has been fired, but some of the members are in opposition of a statement or anything like that.

I'm still uncomfortable supporting the band but I still want to hear more facts

I agree, though according to Jason Tate, there's some more stuff that make it a little more confusing even though TWY definitely sort of sucks in this situation. Soupy has apparently spoken to the victim (the most important aspect of it all), and the band made a big anonymous donation to RAINN, and we all know JJR has been fired, but some of the members are in opposition of a statement or anything like that.

I'm still uncomfortable supporting the band but I still want to hear more facts

Gotcha. That makes sense about some of the members being in opposition of a statement because I know two of the members are still great friends with the scumbag.

This is important, the fact you guys are choosing to ignore this serious issue is disgusting and the reason why this scene is so toxic

This thread is about The Wonder Years' new album. This forum is about music. If you want to talk about those other issues, which have NOTHING to do with TWY's new album OR music, start a thread in the Everything Else forum.