PO: The Wonder Years - No Closer to Heaven

so both singles so far are written in 3/4. doesn't really mean anything (yet), but i told my friend i wouldn't put it past TWY to write an entire album in 3/4, just because. moreover, they're probably the only (pop punk ("pop punk")) band that could pull it off.

it's a good song. i don't agree with drew that it's the best song they've ever written. that's lofty. but the payoff after the bridge is pretty incredible.

i've said it a hundred times here, but: TWY is really the only (")pop punk(") band that has demonstrated any kind of significant progression between albums. more amazingly, they've expanded, let alone retained, their fanbase without suffering any of that "their old stuff was better" shit. i could probably say that about almost every band i've ever listened to.

so both singles so far are written in 3/4. doesn't really mean anything (yet), but i told my friend i wouldn't put it past TWY to write an entire album in 3/4, just because. moreover, they're probably the only (pop punk ("pop punk")) band that could pull it off.

it's a good song. i don't agree with drew that it's the best song they've ever written. that's lofty. but the payoff after the bridge is pretty incredible.

i've said it a hundred times here, but: TWY is really the only (")pop punk(") band that has demonstrated any kind of significant progression between albums. more amazingly, they've expanded, let alone retained, their fanbase without suffering any of that "their old stuff was better" shit. i could probably say that about almost every band i've ever listened to.

Fireworks has absolutely expanded their sound, not that I thought OCL really had good songs it was an absolutely progression.

i don't listen to fireworks, so that's my bad! i never really considered them pop punk, though, but that's a whole 'nother can of worms we don't need to open

Eh, earlier definitely was, by OCL they were pretty much shed all the punk about it.

Honestly Invicta was a huge step forward sonically for Hit The Lights, too bad they regressed back to garbage

just listened to cigarettes and saints and I'm pretty sure it's in 4/4

I really feel you man. They have this way of growing up with you or something. I picked up The Upsides and listened to it 3 times in a row when I heard it. I like the evolution as opposed to bands like TSSF that sound exactly the same as the first album....

An AltPress had got leaked, MCS release ad. Mentions touring with TWY this fall. I wanna say TWY also posted on Instagram about it, but I may be wrong. Either way, it's happening.

the split was listed on that FB post but they must have removed it because I'm sure it wasn't supposed to be announced

5hN4Eqw.png

found the ad

Sweet!! this is awesome, thanks guys!