Alleged Sexual Assaulters and Scumbags

i thought it was just one shit bag in the band, and the others had asked him to leave. I guess I was expecting too much of them. I'm not surprised though, pop punk is 90% bros in snap backs who are one tribal tattoo away from being that ass hole high school jock (I think Evan Weiss tweeted this at one point), and a bunch of them seem to think that since they're in touch with their artistic side they can't possibly do any harm to anyone, or they think they're above it.

I think people have to take a long hard look at why things like this are increasingly happening in this scene. Why do bands or band members think they can use the guitar around their neck as an invitation to violate a woman? People can laugh about the Riot Girl and Girls Up Front reaction fostered in the 90s - and certainly creeps existed - but they certainly knew they weren't welcome. Similar to how when I was a kid a wicked Neo-Nazi faction existed that is now by and large gone - it takes action and sometimes very forceful, direct and uncomfortable action. This isn't my scene but those of you that are fostering it are due for a swift and radical shift in attitude and direction. Don't wait for someone else to dictate it, take control and foster the environment you want to remember not the bullshit. People can laugh about some of the insane shit and bands we supported in the 90s but like fuck if there was a person in that room that wasn't welcomed and comfortable. 

Good luck gang. Fuck the internet tirades and create the venues you want, create the music you want to hear and be among the people you want to love and support. 

i did a quick google search, and the remaining members seem to be handling it appropriately. but yeah, their music sucks.

Nope. Allegations against other members, giving excuses for why he's not in the band, no apologies to the victims. Fuck them. Break up and never play music again.

Since this has turned into a catch all for sexual abuse/underage/rape for the scene I have a few questions regarding bigger people in the scene. Why doesnt anyone bat an eye at Pete Wentz even though he dated a 15 year old when he was 23? I doubt anyone is going to be supporting FPS or Neck Deep in 10 years because of what they did now, but we are giving Wentz a pass for what he did 10 years ago. Also, what about Jesse Lacey and those really creepy MeVsMaradonnaVsElvis lyrics? I always thought that song was more personal than it was about others who act that way, especially when looked at in context with the whole album deals about personal shortcomings.

Since this has turned into a catch all for sexual abuse/underage/rape for the scene I have a few questions regarding bigger people in the scene. Why doesnt anyone bat an eye at Pete Wentz even though he dated a 15 year old when he was 23? I doubt anyone is going to be supporting FPS or Neck Deep in 10 years because of what they did now, but we are giving Wentz a pass for what he did 10 years ago. Also, what about Jesse Lacey and those really creepy MeVsMaradonnaVsElvis lyrics? I always thought that song was more personal than it was about others who act that way, especially when looked at in context with the whole album deals about personal shortcomings.

same reason why neck deep still has supporters, pop punk is full of lame people

Fixed my link but now I can't find the comment. Basically it said she started coming to shows / hanging out when she was 15 but didn't start dating for a few years. Her parents would even come to shows too. They didn't date until after tttyg came out so the songs aren't about her. And he never dated ashlee and her at the same time.

AP thread has recently discussed the whole Pete thing. It's gross. And the misogynistic lyrics on that (and many early 2000s pop punk) are gross.