Alleged Sexual Assaulters and Scumbags

So from my understanding this guy admitted he assaulted her? If so he should turn himself in and get help. I'm all for second chances but you have to pay a debt to society before you even get to think about that. You can't put out a statement saying oops sorry I was young and immature. Being immature is ding ding ditching not trying to force someone to suck your stinky dick.

So apparently there's another big thing with this girl Ally Newbold who does photography for a lot of bands. She allegedly has sexually assaulted a ton of guys in the past but the whole hint got swept under the rug because she works for POZ. Google "Ally Newbold Rapist" and read all the stuff on it. It's nuts.

wait what

Interesting you mentioned domestic violence. Out of complete curiosity, what are your thoughts on this:

Ray Rice's career is basically over because of his incident last year. (NFL)

Adrian Peterson didn't play the majority of the 14-15 season because of his incident. (NFL)

Hope Solo isn't suspended at all and is still praised during the World Cup currently. (US Women's Soccer)

This and the rape of men are double standards that will never disappear. Good thing it's not reported very often so we don't have to think about it, huh?

Yo, you didnt know this???? This has been known for a couple years but just now came to light recently.

http://bokunotraplord.tumblr.com/post/118380637885/guernicaluca-idolizeyrkills-dietcokexbust

Wow. I had followed her on IG for a while, and had no idea. I guess that's why she changed her username from "allynewbold". Have bands cut ties with her? I see lots of them are still following her.

Wow. I had followed her on IG for a while, and had no idea. I guess that's why she changed her username from "allynewbold". Have bands cut ties with her? I see lots of them are still following her.

Not supposed to speak about this but yes, my friends who had worked with her one time (ie, she forced them to use her picture for their album cover when they didmt want to) have cut ties and are distancing themselves for her. They're using new artwork for further copies/pressings. For a hint as to who, just know you have a split tape of theirs I want.

Not supposed to speak about this but yes, my friends who had worked with her one time (ie, she forced them to use her picture for their album cover when they didmt want to) have cut ties and are distancing themselves for her. They're using new artwork for further copies/pressings. For a hint as to who, just know you have a split tape of theirs I want.

Yeah, I noticed they were one of the bands who still follow her on Instagram.

as fucking disgusting as this situation is, i'm not sure this will get me to stop listening to four year strong/tssf/gnarwolves (especially gnarwolves, they haven't said anything about this to my knowledge). i think most of the bands are contractually obligated to not say anything negative about situations like this.  

(also, i'm still a bit confused about what exactly tssf said and or did to show support for harry/jjr)

Yup. I did research this and if the sexual assualt stuff is true, then that's disgusting. The whole No Good News situation is disgusting as well. The scene's a fucking wreck and needs educating badly.

I wouldnt say the scene's a fucking wreck, this is the scene that welcomed Laura Grace with open arms and little flack. Don't let a few shitheads negatively impact the whole scene. Yes, they are despicable people doing this, but on a grand scale, we have a pretty accepting, understanding scene that respects everyone.

I wouldnt say the scene's a fucking wreck, this is the scene that welcomed Laura Grace with open arms and little flack. Don't let a few shitheads negatively impact the whole scene. Yes, they are despicable people doing this, but on a grand scale, we have a pretty accepting, understanding scene that respects everyone.

I don't think the scene supporting Four Year Strong, The Story So Far, and Knuckle Puck has a whole lot to do with Against Me!  - besides both them being ~ punk ~  

I don't want to get nitpicky, but I'd throw Against Me! in with bands like BTMI!, Laura Stevenson, Spraynard,  etc, before the Pure Noise/Rise Records scene.

I don't really know how to word this correctly but before Laura Jane Grace, Wasn't Tom Gabel accused of Rape years ago?

Yes I posted this a couple pages ago.

I used to pretty much just read punknews at the time. VC may not have existed. If you look through the comments on against me PN stories between 2006 and 2008 I know it's there.

we have a pretty accepting, understanding scene that respects everyone.

Hahaha, yeah right. The most judgemental bullshit cliquey scene there is. You can use these boards as an example just by taking a look at the locations of users who consistently call out other users for issues that are not even remotely as serious as this topic.

Hahaha, yeah right. The most judgemental bullshit cliquey scene there is. You can use these boards as an example just by taking a look at the locations of users who consistently call out other users for issues that are not even remotely as serious as this topic.

When it comes to petty bullshit, yeah, this vinyl community is not accepting, whatsoever.  I'd like to think the majority of us, however, are accepting when it comes to gender/race/sexual preference, and not standing for sexism/racism/homophobia/transphobia, etc...