Alleged Sexual Assaulters and Scumbags

One of the problems I have with the boycott is some of it calls for a boycott of anyone JJR is associated with, which can be pretty hard. The dude was selling merch for Pierce the Veil at my warped date.

why do you have a problem in avoiding a band that works with someone who covered up rape until they apologize to the victim and cease all connections with JJR?

Surprised this didn't get mentioned in here yet — the singer of Enabler is a total piece of shit who physically (and possibly sexually) assaulted his girlfriend/bandmate:

http://lambgoat.com/news/25026/Enabler-frontman-accused-of-physical-sexual-abuse

It was mentioned in the Enabler thread, but it's relevant here.  Dude seems like a full on scumbag.

Girl is from my hometown. She was basically run out of Florida for the way she treated people in the scene.

Though I havent personally seen it, people Ive known for a long time have witnessed her take advantage of her "photography" credentials to get close to guys in bands and then essentially gets them really trashed and sleeps with them. While that doesn't fit your traditional idea of a rapist... she has a long track record of doing it and then using the fact that it happened against some of these guys.

oh she's absolutely a rapist, no doubt about that. it needs to be signal boosted for sure.

Surprised this didn't get mentioned in here yet — the singer of Enabler is a total piece of shit who physically (and possibly sexually) assaulted his girlfriend/bandmate:

http://lambgoat.com/news/25026/Enabler-frontman-accused-of-physical-sexual-abuse

holy shit.

what is wrong with people??

holy shit.

what is wrong with people??

why do you have a problem in avoiding a band that works with someone who covered up rape until they apologize to the victim and cease all connections with JJR?

It has nothing to do with thinking JJR is scummy for what he did, but my point was he is associated with so many bands that avoiding every band he is associated with would be nearly impossible. 

What I meant with the Pierce the Veil comment was to point out how they aren't really in the pop punk scene where a lot of this is centered, yet he was still with their merch guy helping selling merch.

It has nothing to do with thinking JJR is scummy for what he did, but my point was he is associated with so many bands that avoiding every band he is associated with would be nearly impossible.

What I meant with the Pierce the Veil comment was to point out how they aren't really in the pop punk scene where a lot of this is centered, yet he was still with their merch guy helping selling merch.

It's warped tour scene music. same thing

• 3 weeks later...

i love the hard times (2)

also-after a bit of "research" i discovered front porch stepped was dropped by pure noise in january, but they still haven't said shit about it (i dont think that has been mentioned in the thread yet)

if the AP thread is linked here, then yes, it has. everything needed to be said about front porch is in that thread.

although actually, don't think the disgusting front porch step timeline has been posted here. i'll get that here soon.

it was a silent dropping, mcelfresh still hasn't admitted he was dropped

We get it. People are shit. Can this be locked like the subway guy thread? There's only so many times I can read the same thing over and over.

I say we let it stay open as a catch all "Guy who makes music for children does sexually inappropriate stuff with children" thread because otherwise we're going to get a new thread every time it happens.