Expired.

tumblr_static_7r99n17o7484k4g8k48g4cc40.

//It's times like these...

I have an extra ticket to see Foo Fighters in Washington and in Oregon. Long story short is the person I had these tickets for ripped my black heart out and left a gaping wound (Times Like These, I Should Have Known, Best of You, on infinite repeat), so I need someone who is badass to rock the fuck out with me, cause hell if I'm letting a little misery ruin Foo for me. I've been thinking about who I should give the tickets to, but I honestly don't know. I don't want to sell them, and I don't want to bring some random person along. As you already know, or can probably tell, I am a huge Foo Fighters fan. They aren't just a band to me, they are a way of life. I've been living every one of their songs since '95. So when it came to these tickets I didn't want to just give them to any ole asshole looking to go to a show, nah, fuck that.

I want to give these tickets to someone who wants to go to two Foo shows with me, to rock the fuck out, to scream every fucking lyric at the top of their lungs with me, to be pushing our way to the front, to have two of the best nights of our lives.

I have these tickets in hand cause I waited hours in line to get them like any responsible super fan.

I'm thinking the best way to go about finding the right person to join me on this epic journey.
Let me give you for more details first, and what I'm thinking of doing. (If anyone has good ideas to help me figure out the best way of deciding, please feel free to chime in.)
MOST BADASS PERSON GETS TO ROCK THE FUCK OUT!

//Erase, Replace (Show details):

WASHINGTON

Who: THE FUCKING FOO FIGHTERS

Whoelse: Gary Clark Jr.

When: Saturday, September 12th, 2015

Where: The Gorge Amphitheater | Quincy, Washington

Ticket: The mother fucking lawn! We ain't seeing Foo while sitting in a seat. Are you fucking retarded!

Price: $200? FUCK NO! Mother fucking free!!!

PORTLAND

Who: THE FUCKING FOO FIGHTERS AGAIN

Whoelse: Gary Clark Jr.

When: Monday, September 14th, 2015

Where: Moda Center | Portland, OR

Ticket: The mother fucking lawn again! DUH!

Price: $200? THINK AGAIN, ASSHOLE! Mother fucking free again!!!

//Stranger Things Have Happened (Are you serious, Matt?):

You're probably thinking to yourself 'this is too Foo to be true'. Well, you're wrong, dip shit! This is so FOO it is true! I'm trying to make the best of shitty situation. I figured I would make someone else happy, and in turn make me happy. Selfish generosity cause fuck social norms!

//This Is A Call (How you get a fucking ticket):

So I will either give one ticket to one person, and one to the other, or both to one person (all depends how shit goes down [who is interested, etc.]). All I have really thought of is you tell me why the fuck you deserve to go. Tell me a meaningful story of how much the band means to you. I really want to go with someone who loves and appreciates Dave's long flowing locks as much as I do. I don't know, I don't have all the answers. Be real, be honest, be sincere. Make me laugh, tug on a heart string. Something. Whatever story I like the most will get the ticket. I don't think a lottery system is really the right way to go seeing as I really want to go with someone who will take out away as much as they can from these incredible nights.

The fine print: I live in Portland. I don't have a car. So the Washington show will be a little tricky. We can either bus up or rent a car. I really don't care which. I'm thinking of coming back the night after the show. It's a bit of a drive, but we would be on such a Foo high that it wouldn't be shit. We got that. As far as the Portland show, that's easy, the venue is a few miles away. You can crash at my apartment*, for free, duh. The only thing is that you would have to get out here on your own dollar (I'm awesome, but not made of money). If you need to stay at my place a couple days for all this to work, fine by me. Just buy us pizza. I'll take you around Portland and show you a good time.

*(You gotta be 18. Sorry, kids, I'm 28. I'm looking to go to a Foo show, not jail.)

//There goes my hero (I'm your fucking hero!):

So how 'bout it? You think you're fucking awesome enough to tag along with me to see Dave Grohl and company make your fucking life that much better? What the fuck are you waiting for? Let's go!

I honestly have no idea if anyone will respond to this, but I figured I would post this and try to give back to the VC community, and make a Foo fan pretty fucking happy.

//Ain't it the life:

If you want to retweet my reply to the band about it, you can do that here:

https://twitter.com/...744382020239361

Who knows, maybe they will see it and something cool will happen.

-Matt

Foo_Fighters_The_Black_Keys_confirm_Tenn

// TICKET UPDATE (8/6/15 - 11:49AM):

So, at the moment I know that I am going to give one of the tickets to Lisa. I still want to hold off on giving her both just in case there is someone else in interested in going. I haven't decided on which show as of yet, as she is available to go to either. 

IF ANYONE IS STILL INTERESTED YOU HAVE A CHANCE! Just let me know which show, and how much of a badass you are / why you deserve to go, and we'll go from there. 

Edited by Dave Grohl

Sorry to hear about you getting fucked over brother but at least you get to rock out to your favorite band! I dont jam Foo a lot but members of Nirvana and SDRE makes for the raddest super group ever imo.

No worries, dude. Trying to look on the bright side, and have Foo sing me through the heartache. Haha.

Man, this is really cool. Sorry to hear about the circumstances leading to your ticket surplus, but this is gonna make someone very happy.

I think my location could make things a bit easier re: transportation, but I've never sat down with a Foo Fighters LP and really, truly given it a listen. In five weeks I couldn't build one fifth of the appreciation for this band that you have. So there must be somebody here who would absolutely blow their top to do this with you. Whoever that is, have a great time!

Edit: Also, may I say how fucking cool it is that so many people here at VC are as friendly as you are. This is the only place I consistently see things like this come up, with offers of couch-crashing and pizza. Fuckin' great. We are the best community. 

(You gotta be 18. Sorry, kids, I'm 28. I'm looking to go to a Foo show, not jail.)

Dammit!

It'll go to someone more deserving anyway  :)  I'm looking forward to seeing the winner + the concert pics. And, of course, you're in my thoughts and I hope you can learn to walk again.

I'll see myself out, but seriously, keep toughin' it out, man. I've got faith in you.

Man, this is really cool. Sorry to hear about the circumstances leading to your ticket surplus, but this is gonna make someone very happy.

I think my location could make things a bit easier re: transportation, but I've never sat down with a Foo Fighters LP and really, truly given it a listen. In five weeks I couldn't build one fifth of the appreciation for this band that you have. So there must be somebody here who would absolutely blow their top to do this with you. Whoever that is, have a great time!

Edit: Also, may I say how fucking cool it is that so many people here at VC are as friendly as you are. This is the only place I consistently see things like this come up, with offers of couch-crashing and pizza. Fuckin' great. We are the best community. 

Thanks, dude. And hey, if the situation is where I don't get a ton of interest from a huge Foo fan who is close and can go, I'm down to take someone who would have a good time. I know the odds are pretty low of finding someone who is A) a huge fan, B), available, and C) on here. It's a pretty small window. We'll see what happens.

I was going to make a list of all interested candidates, and if you want on it, you're on it.

A good friend of mine lives in Portland and worships the ground Dave Grohl walks on (when she came out to Cleveland for my wedding, she made sure to arrive early so she could drive out to his hometown and see Dave Grohl Alley). Mind if I pass this on to her?

Go for it, dude. As long as her worship is real:

D3mB3qe.jpg

Dammit!

It'll go to someone more deserving anyway  :)  I'm looking forward to seeing the winner + the concert pics. And, of course, you're in my thoughts and I hope you can learn to walk again.

I'll see myself out, but seriously, keep toughin' it out, man. I've got faith in you.

Dom, you would be my one exception to the 18 rule, cause I know you're a good dude, and worship Foo. Wish you could come with, man.

Dom, you would be my one exception to the 18 rule, cause I know you're a good dude, and worship Foo. Wish you could come with, man.

I'm already seeing them in August, so I'll give everyone else a shot :)

That being said, I have family in Portland and Seattle, so it wouldn't be impossible.

This is super awesome of you! Hope you find someone.

Btw, I've never listened to a Foo Fighters album, so can anyone recommend me one?

Also, I love how Dave agreed to play that concert in Italy. He's awesome.

Personally, my favorite is The Colour and the Shape (see: avatar). It all depends on what you're looking for, though. If you'd like the lighter acoustic tracks, In Your Honor is the way to go (or, at least, disc 2), but most of their heaviest material is on One By OneThere is Nothing Left to Lose is an album that focuses heavily on melody, and it's fun for that reason, then there's the directly-after-Nirvana Foo Fighters which bears the most resemblance to the aforementioned trio. Echoes, Silence Patience, & Grace is (in my mind) what In Your Honor would've been if they didn't make it a double album. It has softer spots, but also louder rock tracks. Wasting Light is a callback to the style of their first two albums, so if you like that post-Nirvana vibe, a lot of the same influence is present on that one. As far as Sonic Highways, I consider it to be a soundtrack album or compilation record more than anything else. It's got good songs on it, but they don't have the same sense of cohesiveness that their other albums do. 

My personal rank: Colour > S/T > Wasting Light > Nothing Left > Sonic Highways > One By One > Echoes, Silence > In Your Honor

There's also a nifty flowchart for this kind of thing, made by Reddit user /u/PotatoAlley:

TqaXncX.png

I saw the Foo Fighters like 10+ years ago and my parents made me leave because everyone around us was smoking weed. Now I want to smoke weed while seeing the Foo Fighters.

This is super awesome of you! Hope you find someone.

Btw, I've never listened to a Foo Fighters album, so can anyone recommend me one?

Also, I love how Dave agreed to play that concert in Italy. He's awesome.

I recently made a playlist of, in my opinion, songs that showcase how diverse Foo can be.

You can listen here: https://open.spotify.com/user/matt_photographs/playlist/7ii9i5CvbJOC6W2E6zIFRE

After that, start from the beginning. : )

Dude, that video of the 1,000 people singing Learn To Fly made my eyes water. Right in the feels.

Personally, my favorite is The Colour and the Shape (see: avatar). It all depends on what you're looking for, though. If you'd like the lighter acoustic tracks, In Your Honor is the way to go (or, at least, disc 2), but most of their heaviest material is on One By OneThere is Nothing Left to Lose is an album that focuses heavily on melody, and it's fun for that reason, then there's the directly-after-Nirvana Foo Fighters which bears the most resemblance to the aforementioned trio. Echoes, Silence Patience, & Grace is (in my mind) what In Your Honor would've been if they didn't make it a double album. It has softer spots, but also louder rock tracks. Wasting Light is a callback to the style of their first two albums, so if you like that post-Nirvana vibe, a lot of the same influence is present on that one. As far as Sonic Highways, I consider it to be a soundtrack album or compilation record more than anything else. It's got good songs on it, but they don't have the same sense of cohesiveness that their other albums do. 

My personal rank: Colour > S/T > Wasting Light > Nothing Left > Sonic Highways > One By One > Echoes, Silence > In Your Honor

There's also a nifty flowchart for this kind of thing, made by Reddit user /u/PotatoAlley:

TqaXncX.png

That graph is a little "meh" to me. It's hard for me to give a Foo album a one line description. I know it's to give a brief idea of what the album is, but so many of their albums have so much backstory and depth to them. Like how he says Echoes first half is good. Dude, the whole point of that album was to combine the heavy badass Foo of INY's first half, and the lighter melodic stuff of the second half, but put it on one album. "Why not do both."

As far as starting with Color, I can kind of see that because it is their most accessible, but I think starting at the beginning would be better. It's great to hear that natural progressive, and how they evolve as a band.