Underoath - They're Only Chasing Safety / Define the Great Line Tour Repress

tlr

they like Underoath...?

I can't speak for everyone, but seeing Underoath live would be 90% nostalgia, for me. If I still listened to new bands churning out screamo-pop akin to Chasing Safety after 12 years, I'd probably off myself. It's the same reason I'm not personally diving at the opportunity to drop $50 on two albums I loved in highschool but would realistically spin once a blue moon, if I owned them. To each their own, but I'd really like to think a lot of the folks attending this tour and pushing 30 have broadened their horizons since 2004 or so.

I can't speak for everyone, but seeing Underoath live would be 90% nostalgia, for me. If I still listened to new bands churning out screamo-pop akin to Chasing Safety after 12 years, I'd probably off myself. It's the same reason I'm not personally diving at the opportunity to drop $50 on two albums I loved in highschool but would realistically spin once a blue moon, if I owned them. To each their own, but I'd really like to think a lot of the folks attending this tour and pushing 30 have broadened their horizons since 2004 or so.

I agree 100% here. I've never been a big Underoath fan. I used to listen to Chasing a lot back in high school the year it came out. But when it came out on blue vinyl I bought it and I think I spun it once in like 2 years. I honestly preferred Dallas, but that's a different story. So for all their other albums I gave them a few listens, but none really resonated with me. Define The Great Line had a few good songs, that of which slowly faded away for me. Same could be said for Lost In The Sound. I haven't even bothered to listen to anything after cause I just didn't care. I wasn't interested enough. But I'll go see them for the nostalgia. It'll be a good time to jump around with my friends to some high school songs. I can't imagine me or a majority of people that actively listen to this genre though. I feel like a large percentage of the ticket holders are going for nostalgia kicks, which there is nothing wrong with.

As usual, agree with you Derek. And I'd really hope that people like us pushing 30 that used to listen to the band have expanded their musical tastes since. Nothing wrong with still listening to them, but come on.

I agree 100% here. I've never been a bug Underoath fan. I used to listen to Chasing a lot back in high school the year it came out. But when it came out on blue vinyl I bought it and I think I spun it once in like 2 years. I honestly preferred Dallas, but that's a different story. So for all their other album I have them a few listens, but none really resonated with me. Define The Great Line had a few good songs, that of which slowly faded away for me. Same could be said for Lost In The Sound. I haven't even bothered to listen to anything after cause I just didn't care. I wasn't interested enough. But I'll go see them for the nostalgia. It'll be a good time to jump around with my friends to some high school songs. I can't imagine me or a majority of people that actively listen to this genre though. I feel like a large percentage of the ticket holders are going for nostalgia kicks, which there is nothing wrong with.

As usual, agree with you Derek. And I'd really hope that people like us pushing 30 that used to listen to the band have expanded their musical tastes since. Nothing wrong with still listening to them, but come on.

I feel the same way! I will always love Chasing safety. But at 33 years old, I find myself spinning this about once a year! 

you could really say this about almost every band that gets mentioned on this forum. Blink 182, New Found Glory, JEW, etc. 

I think if they play a large amount of Dust & Disquiet it will blend into Underoath very, very well.

I haven't actually listened to their latest album yet, haha. This is a good incentive to though. I will be really grateful to see them play though as I actually enjoy their music and UO could have picked anyone to open. I really like it when an opener isn't playing the same style as the headliner. It breaks up the show well imo. DTGL does have its post-rock moments though. Should make for a great show. 

I haven't actually listened to their latest album yet, haha. This is a good incentive to though. I will be really grateful to see them play though as I actually enjoy their music and UO could have picked anyone to open. I really like it when an opener isn't playing the same style as the headliner. It breaks up the show well imo. DTGL does have its post-rock moments though. Should make for a great show.

I honestly think it's their best work yet. It's dark, and has a lot of arcs. Definitely a few surprises in there, but good ones at that. I have a few spare download codes. I would be more than happy to give you one.

And I agree. I'm glad they're mixing it up. Post rock is one of my favorite genres, but I don't even want to sit through 3 hours of it. It's cool to have a good mix. Like I said, I think these two will blend well together. I'm looking forward to it.

I honestly think it's their best work yet. It's dark, and has a lot of arcs. Definitely a few surprises in there, but good ones at that. I have a few spare download codes. I would be more than happy to give you one.

And I agree. I'm glad they're mixing it up. Post rock is one of my favorite genres, but I don't even want to sit through 3 hours of it. It's cool to have a good mix. Like I said, I think these two will blend well together. I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks, man! I would be all over that code! I was way into post-rock for a while but my main interest has swayed to other things. But I find that even if i'm not into the studio album, the live atmosphere is unbeatable for post-rock.

Thanks, man! I would be all over that code! I was way into post-rock for a while but my main interest has swayed to other things. But I find that even if i'm not into the studio album, the live atmosphere is unbeatable for post-rock.

Right on. I'll dig up that code tomorrow and message it to you. Also, you should check out Caspian's last.fm sessions. They play the new material and it'll give you an idea of how massive sounding it is live.

• 1 month later...

They also posted that remaining copies of this double album will be available on tour. A select amount will be available on the tour dates.

I know that was said before, but I just wanted to inform anyone that didn't have a chance to get VIP/wanted to get the record if they're going to the show.

Does anyone know if you can move your VIP ticket to a different venue?

I'd email Merchline or whatever... maybe tweet the band to see? Otherwise, I wouldn't think so, mostly because (I think) the VIP packages are sold out now. And if they have a certain number of VIPs per specific date, ex: 20, they might want to keep it at that so everything goes smoothly (meet & greet time/sound-check/etc.). Just my thinking, if that makes any sense.

I'd email Merchline or whatever... maybe tweet the band to see? Otherwise, I wouldn't think so, mostly because (I think) the VIP packages are sold out now. And if they have a certain number of VIPs per specific date, ex: 20, they might want to keep it at that so everything goes smoothly (meet & greet time/sound-check/etc.). Just my thinking, if that makes any sense.

I do know that the show I want to transfer to isn't sold out. So maybe that'll help. I'll shoot them an email. Thanks.