Underoath - They're Only Chasing Safety / Define the Great Line Tour Repress

tlr

My thoughts exactly. But I just looked it up and the album clocks in at 46 minutes. While not great, certainly not the worst amount of time squeezed onto one LP. Although I'm hoping it becomes a wide repress and either they press the alternate cover on the digi pack or the OG goes down in price.

Anything but white vinyl. ANYTHING.

Super weird to me to come back to checking VC and see so much indifference (at best) to DTGL. TOCS definitely did some fresh fun stuff and I love the heck out of it but it's odd to see that people into UO see DTGL as generic. To me it was such a flawless blend of their heavy stuff, melodic stuff and atmosphere, it just vibes. I thought the writing and style they nailed with it stood out vastly from anything else at the time but hey, maybe I just didn't have enough perspective being a 16 year old metalcore goon when it came out lol. To each their own but honestly DTGL is probably my biggest white whale.

Anyway, bought regular Atlanta ticket since Orlando hadn't been announced yet (of course it was announced the following day), I'll probably grab this there if I can in the unfortunate event T&N/SS aren't smart enough to do individual not on white pressings so I don't have to trade a kidney and my SSN to someone on ebay or discogs to get DTGL.

Super weird to me to come back to checking VC and see so much indifference (at best) to DTGL. TOCS definitely did some fresh fun stuff and I love the heck out of it but it's odd to see that people into UO see DTGL as generic. To me it was such a flawless blend of their heavy stuff, melodic stuff and atmosphere, it just vibes. I thought the writing and style they nailed with it stood out vastly from anything else at the time but hey, maybe I just didn't have enough perspective being a 16 year old metalcore goon when it came out lol. To each their own but honestly DTGL is probably my biggest white whale.

I find that DTGL is the disappointing evolutionary link between TOCS and LITSOS, both of which I enjoy immensely. TOCS had that raw, direct, and somewhat poppy sound, while LITSOS was more on the innovative, artsy side. DTGL seems to linger between the two and, in my view, has too many filler tracks to really match the brilliance of the records it's sandwiched between.

I find that DTGL is the disappointing evolutionary link between TOCS and LITSOS, both of which I enjoy immensely. TOCS had that raw, direct, and somewhat poppy sound, while LITSOS was more on the innovative, artsy side. DTGL seems to linger between the two and, in my view, has too many filler tracks to really match the brilliance of the records it's sandwiched between.

I can respect that, I personally loved the blend of the direct sound with the artsy but when you put it like this I can see how something in between could be an uncomfortable mix for someone. I actually was pretty underwhelmed with LITSOS myself, it was definitely good but didn't stand up to DTGL for me. Different strokes and all that I guess haha.

I can respect that, I personally loved the blend of the direct sound with the artsy but when you put it like this I can see how something in between could be an uncomfortable mix for someone. I actually was pretty underwhelmed with LITSOS myself, it was definitely good but didn't stand up to DTGL for me. Different strokes and all that I guess haha.

I find it best not to compare albums by a band throughout the years it really takes away from appreciating what each album is on it's own. I used to do it when I was younger and found myself hating alot of albums I now love. Underoath wasn't trying to tell a story with their albums like Coheed and Cambria is on each of their albums. They were making the music they wanted to make at the time and I personally love all 3 of the albums mentioned, I don't favor one over the other they are all amazing in their own way. Underoath is a phenomenal band I was lucky enough to see they play live forever ago and it was an experience I'll always remember I wish they were playing somewhere near where I live on their upcoming tour dates.

I find it best not to compare albums by a band throughout the years it really takes away from appreciating what each album is on it's own. I used to do it when I was younger and found myself hating alot of albums I now love. Underoath wasn't trying to tell a story with their albums like Coheed and Cambria is on each of their albums. They were making the music they wanted to make at the time and I personally love all 3 of the albums mentioned, I don't favor one over the other they are all amazing in their own way. Underoath is a phenomenal band I was lucky enough to see they play live forever ago and it was an experience I'll always remember I wish they were playing somewhere near where I live on their upcoming tour dates.

Really? Don't compare albums? Each one is equally good? That's some commie bullshit.

Some things are better than other things and some people like certain albums more than others; it's called having an opinion and it's fine to do.

Really? Don't compare albums? Each one is equally good? That's some commie bullshit.

Some things are better than other things and some people like certain albums more than others; it's called having an opinion and it's fine to do.

I said "I find it best" as in myself, my opinion. Never told anyone what to do or not do man. And you saying that it's bullshit that I think each album is equally good, totally goes against you saying "it's called having an opinion and it's fine to do".

I said "I find it best" as in myself, my opinion. Never told anyone what to do or not do man. And you saying that it's bullshit that I think each album is equally good, totally goes against you saying "it's called having an opinion and it's fine to do".

;)

Anyway, bought regular Atlanta ticket since Orlando hadn't been announced yet (of course it was announced the following day), I'll probably grab this there if I can in the unfortunate event T&N/SS aren't smart enough to do individual not on white pressings so I don't have to trade a kidney and my SSN to someone on ebay or discogs to get DTGL.

Tocs is by far their best album as a whole, but I will give you this, their best song ('casting such a thin shadow') was on DTGL