Underoath - They're Only Chasing Safety / Define the Great Line Tour Repress

tlr

This is a secret link they sent to peoople who purchased the VIp ticket but it works if you haven't but it's supposed to be a secret link.

You can get the vinyl only for 40$

http://underoath.merchline.com/products/rebirth-tour-edition-exclusive-dtgl-x-tocs-x-2xlp-vinyl?mc_cid=df696a750c&mc_eid=7a9489793f

Almost $52 shipped and I only need DTGL. I'll pass. Thanks for the link though.

It just wasn't a good idea to begin with.

Yeah, not sure why they'd combine two records into one package like this. $20 for TOCS? Sure, I'd throw down on that. That was the last album from them I enjoyed, though, and I probably haven't listened to it since...like 2005.

Yeah, not sure why they'd combine two records into one package like this. $20 for TOCS? Sure, I'd throw down on that. That was the last album from them I enjoyed, though, and I probably haven't listened to it since...like 2005.

Yeah it doesn't make a lot of sense to me either. I don't even think the packaging/artwork is all that great to even possibly warrant a $50 purchase.

I think it's a fare price for two albums that are limited pressing. Everyone on these boards likes to complain about initial price and then are angry when they can't get it a few months later.

The biggest thing that I don't understand is what's everyone's beef with white records? I have a few pressings in white and love them.

I think it's a fare price for two albums that are limited pressing. Everyone on these boards likes to complain about initial price and then are angry when they can't get it a few months later.

The biggest thing that I don't understand is what's everyone's beef with white records? I have a few pressings in white and love them.

Fair*

as for the white vinyl thing...for whatever reason it seems like white vinyl has slightly more of a chance to have surface noise than other colors. That said, I have some fantastic sounding white vinyl and some pretty shitty sounding other colors too.

You're sticking up for them bc they're you're favorite band or something. We get it. But come on, that price is way too steep.

My problem with white is it's fucking boring looking. I get what they tried to do with this artwork, but I'm not at all wowed by the mock-ups. Who knows, it may work in hand. But give me a teal pressing of TOCS with the 2005 special edition artwork and a sea blue pressing of DtGL with the digipack artwork if you're going to do colored.

Or just put the effort into making it an audiophile release, forget the colors and whatnot, and give them all to me on 45 RPM 180g black and I'd be even happier.

I'm just not sure I get this whole re-imagining the aesthetics of an established album thing. I don't know if you guys think this way like me, but these were never "white" albums to me. The reasons certain albums have iconic, fitting artwork is because the visuals are based on the vibe of the music. When you combine two sonically different albums into a new, matching minimalist visual aesthetic you're totally breaking with the established vibe of the music and it's just not going to feel right. It's no longer a cohesive piece of art, at least not how I see albums.

Did I totally get off on a rabbit trail? Yes, yes I did. Do I stand by these thoughts? Yeah, I think so. This is what bothers me about so many vinyl releases that don't seem visually thought out. And for some reason I am sharing this opinion on the internet.

Rabble rabble rabble.