Switching from Android To Iphone.

Satan

Hey gang. I'm taking the jump tomorrow.

Ever since smartphones became a thing, I chose the Android but have now fallen tired and old of it. I just went to Verizon knowing I wanted the IPhone 6 (not the new fancy ones, just the basic one) and tomorrow ... I'll be using the Iphone.

What are some of the biggest hurdles you've faced while transitioning?

I had absolutely zero hurdles. I had an HTC G2 for 3-4 years then switched to a hand-me-down iPhone 4s and have been with this for about 2 years now. I don't need 3-4 different ways to close out an app...I'm sure those weird issues were resolved in some of the more sophisticated android OSs but I have personally loved every single aspect of the iPhone more than the HTC G2 I had.

Enjoy

I had absolutely zero hurdles. I had an HTC G2 for 3-4 years then switched to a hand-me-down iPhone 4s and have been with this for about 2 years now. I don't need 3-4 different ways to close out an app...I'm sure those weird issues were resolved in some of the more sophisticated android OSs but I have personally loved every single aspect of the iPhone more than the HTC G2 I had.

Enjoy

this is the type of thing i wanna hear.

keep em comin! my only thing when fiddling around with the Iphone was trying to find a "back" button. it's so fucking weird to not have one. Basically if you get lost just hit, the home button and try again? I just dont want to end up throwing this thing into the wall.

Transferring data can seem weird at first (you manage your music on iTunes, not explorer/finder) and every time you connect your phone to your computer, it automatically syncs. Also, you need extra apps for a few basic things (like making a custom ringtone).

That's about it though. It has made a lot of things easier for me and while I'm not a fanboy of either Apple or Android, I can't really see myself going back to an Android smartphone.

Transferring data can seem weird at first (you manage your music on iTunes, not explorer/finder) and every time you connect your phone to your computer, it automatically syncs. Also, you need extra apps for a few basic things (like making a custom ringtone).

That's about it though. It has made a lot of things easier for me and while I'm not a fanboy of either Apple or Android, I can't really see myself going back to an Android smartphone.

im not a fanboy of anything tech. i just want to try something new!

I made the jump back to Android about five months ago. There are some things I miss, but there's things like that for both of the phones.

For one, no emulators on iPhone, but I feel like iPhone is smoother when it comes to gameplay on normal game apps.

No downloading files onto iPhone.

Less crashes on iPhone. At least it felt like it for me. Android phones always lag and randomly close apps or freeze on an app. And it's annoying.

Now I don't know about battery life, but when I had the 4S, I would get just under two hours, which is terrible. Depending on how much I use my S5, I usually get four-five hours (mostly four) with CONSTANT use. When I just randomly check it throughout the day, I get around seven. Not sure how that compared with the iPhone 6.

Camera for Androids are usually better than iPhone. Mine has 16MP, whereas I believe the iPhone 6 has 12MP. Probably not entirely noticeable though.

I'm actually thinking about selling this phone and seeing I can get the 6S Plus. But I see a lot of things I don't like about iPhone, but also the things I love.

Hey gang. I'm taking the jump tomorrow.

Ever since smartphones became a thing, I chose the Android but have now fallen tired and old of it. I just went to Verizon knowing I wanted the IPhone 6 (not the new fancy ones, just the basic one) and tomorrow ... I'll be using the Iphone.

What are some of the biggest hurdles you've faced while transitioning?

Satan really set himself up for some doozies with that question

as a casual phone user (i only use the basic apps that every phone has these days and nothing too crazy like jailbreaking or rooting) i find my iphone does more than i could ever fully use. its simple, feels nice, and i just feel a nice quality while using an iphone. i would never choose a mac over my pc however i can still give apple props to the build quality of nearly all of their products. 

if you use your phone casually and you arent into the whole super customization or anything like that and you just want something simple that plays music i will say you will be pleasantly surprised with an iphone. the only gripe i've ever had with the iphone is the memory is only 1gb (which is not nearly enough with the OS and apps these days, thankfully they upped it to 2gb with the 6s) and the lack of a SD card slot. 

other than that im happy with my iphone

i get customization. free pandora downloader with built in memory. doesnt use up your phones memory. trash cleaner. browser changer (safari is garbage)

pandora downloader does it for me

To each their own. I'm fine with the amount of customization I get without Jailbreaking. I don't like pandora's algorithm, I rarely use spotify when listening to music, I haven't had memory issues yet (2ish years with a 4s), and I just put safari in tab/folder/whatever called "useless shit" and moved it away from my home screen and use Chrome (as I type this).

I assume in Jailbreaking you can set the default for links to open in another browser (which does get annoying with regular iOS)?

I had several android phones and my favorites were different HTC phones...I now have an iPhone. I don't necessarily get the hype to it, but I do like it. Few things that sucks for iPhones: you're restricted when it comes to adding files to your phone, especially music files. Drag and drop music? Yeah right. Android phones have the real drag and drop capabilities, iPhone you're stuck with iTunes. Also, with downloading files in general...it's not like Android where you could have a destination for it where you could pull up your file viewer app...in that way Android phones feel more like a computer. All in all iPhones are just ok. 

Granted, the issues with Android phones stated here is legit. The screen lag...crashing apps...it DOES happen with iPhones but probably not as frequently as mid to high end Android phones (just pure anecdotal here).

The pros to having an iPhone would be that it seems most apps/games are added to iPhones first, and for the most part streaming works quite well. I guess like others have said it's maybe a bit more user friendly but not much more for someone who is used to smartphones etc

I'v personally never had to make the transition. But I know the set up is a lot more basic and really easy to grasp. I mean, I see my 82 year old grandmother obsess over her iPad. If she can understand it...anyone can.

This sounds like typical fanboyism haha. Like what you said was -> "Shots Fired...."  :rolleyes:

Thanks for all the replies! So far im absolutely loving this thing. Now just to figure out what all its capable of and find fun things!

Which one did you get Satan? I just picked up a 128gb 6c last night. I had a 5 since I first got a smartphone and had an upgrade, but still didn't wanna fork over the cash. Luckily they took my old phone for $200 at Verizon which sealed the deal.