Two songs from each band. 

$11.98 on Amazon. (DEAD AS OF 10/5)

Out on 11/27.

HelloMerch: http://hellomerch.co...-split-12-vinyl

180g Black: 200

Clear w/Light Blue Splatter: 300

Solid Blue: ???

New Moving Mountains song "Deathless": http://www.stereogum...-premiere/mp3s/

Updated main post. I believe the solid blue is the retail color.

Completely missed my radar the past few years somehow. 

I tend to be late to the party on a lot of good music, but it's better than not showing up at all, I guess.

prawn gets me to the 'oh, im pleased' plateau. not quite over it or down it but at least its up it. like 'yeah, yeah i can jam out to this for a tic'

your thoughts?

My first experience with Prawn was a free download of Ships via Topshelf. I played it in the background while I was doing homework several times and thought it was pretty good. Then one night I had to pull an all-nighter to finish some really intense projects and I listened to Spring River probably 20 times because the "a mistake, I messed up" part was stuck in my head and I was going insane. So naturally I proceeded to purchase the vinyl.

Then they released Scud Running from Kingfisher a year later and I was like "this is the greatest thing I have ever laid ears on."

Grabbed a platter. Can't believe both smaller variants are still available. And this LP is only $10? I'm pretty sure the Whirr/Nothing had four (shorter) songs and was $15 before shipping.

it was the year of 'nothing'. they were so hot that they could have sold shit sandwiches on tour and we all would have bought one.

thatit was the year of 'nothing'. they were so hot that they could have sold shit sandwiches on tour and we all would have bought one.

That's true, but I feel these guys have a nice following as well.

That had a DVD and gatefold though.

Edit: I think the gatefold was blank though I don't remember.

gatefold, dvd, etching.

These are also good points. I didn't think about that (obviously). I never thought either release was too expensive or anything, it's just been a while since I've bought a 12" for $10. (Especially from a label like Triple Crown)

• 4 weeks later...

So stoked that I found this forum.  

Long story short.   I have been into Moving Mountains since Waves came out.  Tired Tiger and the rest of the album threw me for a couple loops on the emotional train.  I was in love.   Then I went back and listened to their first 2 albums.  Yep, Im hooked.  Once I found out that they went on hiatus I was really bummed.   

Saw that they were putting out a Split with Prawn and it brought back those warm feelings that MovMou produces.  Listened to Deathless and couldn't be more happier.  I think I have looped it at least 1000x since I found it.  Preordered it off iTunes and figure I would give Prawn a shot, since it will be on the Split.  

Good God Prawn is amazing.   The 2 song EP Settled brought me to my knees.  Settled and Built For was exactly what I needed.   Kingfisher is very good, and I am trying to get into their older stuff.   But regardless, Prawn has a new fan.

After all this love of new music for MovMou and Prawn, I decided to buy every Vinyl I could find on the net for them.   I have never owned Vinyl nor record player, but something was calling me to.  I heard that it sounds different than digital music and I am looking forward to it. The only vinyl i ever owned was the Captain Zoom birthday song back in the early 80's.  Kinda like "Hey Rob, it's your birthday" tune.    I don't own a record player, but plan on buying a U-Turn Orbit Plus for myself for Christmas. 

Anyway, glad to of found this forum!

So stoked that I found this forum.

Long story short. I have been into Moving Mountains since Waves came out. Tired Tiger and the rest of the album threw me for a couple loops on the emotional train. I was in love. Then I went back and listened to their first 2 albums. Yep, Im hooked. Once I found out that they went on hiatus I was really bummed.

Saw that they were putting out a Split with Prawn and it brought back those warm feelings that MovMou produces. Listened to Deathless and couldn't be more happier. I think I have looped it at least 1000x since I found it. Preordered it off iTunes and figure I would give Prawn a shot, since it will be on the Split.

Good God Prawn is amazing. The 2 song EP Settled brought me to my knees. Settled and Built For was exactly what I needed. Kingfisher is very good, and I am trying to get into their older stuff. But regardless, Prawn has a new fan.

After all this love of new music for MovMou and Prawn, I decided to buy every Vinyl I could find on the net for them. I have never owned Vinyl nor record player, but something was calling me to. I heard that it sounds different than digital music and I am looking forward to it. The only vinyl i ever owned was the Captain Zoom birthday song back in the early 80's. Kinda like "Hey Rob, it's your birthday" tune. I don't own a record player, but plan on buying a U-Turn Orbit Plus for myself for Christmas.

Anyway, glad to of found this forum!

So many short stories in this post brah. Are you sure this wasn't the long storyline?

Still not sure if this post is legit, or trolling, as some of the historic information you have referenced doesn't match actual history.....