The Hotelier - Goodness

dvv

38 minutes ago, corey. said:

I have the /300 and /700 variant coming, and I'd be willing to trade one for a copy of blink 182's self titled on a cool variant. I know this is random, but I figured I'd throw it out there before spending $ on the blink album I've currently been re-visiting ha.

I think you mean untitled. Psh, such a noob to call it self titled when Mark has referred to it as untitled every time.

/s just paraphrasing shit I've seen in various Blink threads here. IDGAF what it's called.

13 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

I think you mean untitled. Psh, such a noob to call it self titled when Mark has referred to it as untitled every time.

/s just paraphrasing shit I've seen in various Blink threads here. IDGAF what it's called.

haha yeah I see people call it both. I guess I settle with self titled cause if it was called "untitled" it would be called "untitled" lol. Anyway, whoops.

12 hours ago, deer said:

I'm getting my Midnight/Smitten and the 7" in tomorrow according to my tracking. So, so, so excited. I have not heard even a second of any song off this record yet, besides Goodness Pt. 1. I can't wait to spin the vinyl and hear it all for the first time.

I waited until I got the physical too and I got it yesterday and it's amazing.

Edited by shadowkid33

sigh... my midnight & smitten copy's A/B disk was pressed off center so it creates horrible pitch-shifting when listening to Piano Player... that ruined the experience. I emailed Tiny Engines but I'm incredibly saddened. I don't even know if I'll be able to get a replacement since the variant is sold out...

i'm not mad at the label because it's not their fault but i am just incredibly disappointed in my bad luck. this is my most anticipated release of the year and i was really looking forward to hearing it all on vinyl for the first time.

(it's not my record player. I tested other records on it and they work fine. my player's NOT a crosley or AT-LP60, before you ask.)

edit: It actually was my record player! The belt was slipping while only on the 45rpm setting. I neglected to test any other records that weren't 33rpm, so it seemed to only happen with the Goodness record. Everything's worked out. I'll be way more suspect of my hardware next time!

Edited by deer

On 6/28/2016 at 3:12 PM, deer said:

sigh... my midnight & smitten copy's A/B disk was pressed off center so it creates horrible pitch-shifting when listening to Piano Player... that ruined the experience. I emailed Tiny Engines but I'm incredibly saddened. I don't even know if I'll be able to get a replacement since the variant is sold out...

i'm not mad at the label because it's not their fault but i am just incredibly disappointed in my bad luck. this is my most anticipated release of the year and i was really looking forward to hearing it all on vinyl for the first time.

(it's not my record player. I tested other records on it and they work fine. my player's NOT a crosley or AT-LP60, before you ask.)

That sucks! I have a couple records that have that problem. I've read about people cutting the holes out more to make them on-center but I haven't tried it on mine yet.

Edited by shadowkid33

23 hours ago, shadowkid33 said:

That sucks! I have a couple records that have that problem (On the Possible Past by The Menzingers and Rhythm and Repose by Glen Hansard). I've read about people cutting the holes out more to make them on-center but I haven't tried it on mine yet.

EDIT: fixed, it was a hardware issue on my end, read above!

i just hope tiny engines can replace it. i've had good customer service experiences with them in the past i just feel like a complete ass asking for a replacement of the rarest variant. i'll mail them my defective copy if they need it. i just really want to be able to listen to this record and have the variant i bought.

it's making me feel really sad. i have a lot of bad luck when it comes to this sort of thing, i guess

Edited by deer

53 minutes ago, deer said:

That stinks! The C/D disk of my black copy of Goodness is off center as well but I haven't noticed it affecting pitch/sound quality. 

Hopefully Tiny Engines held a few copies of each variant back from sale in case some people had issues like this and you can get a replacement.  

4 minutes ago, ksuwdboots said:

What was the cause of your issue?

I edited my original two posts, it was actually a weird belt-slipping-only-on-45rpm issue that made it seem like it was the record... since Goodness is 45 and the other LPs I tested were 33. Tiny Engines gave me a ton of things that could be wrong and I checked the turntable itself and yeah, the belt was the problem. Replaced it and everything's good. Thank god I don't need a replacement.

Edited by deer