PO: M83 - Junk

• 2 weeks later...

I completely understand the argument that artists have the right to change musical direction at their discretion and that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I also can see the perspective of long time fans being disappointed by a sudden change in said direction. Either way, hope it all works out for everyone but it probably wont.

idioteque... is downvoting me, not sure why, as he hasnt even posted in this thread. 

I can't hate on m83 because their direction is constantly changing, but up until this point it has always sounded mike "m83" to me.

These songs just dont.

m83 was always about being lost in thought. Very emotional, with incredible build ups and spacey synths with little vocals. 

I think the slow transition has made it easier for people to get on board, the last 3 albums have slowly been drifting to this.

I will check this out and honestly try my best to like it, but the m83 I have loved for over a decade is about to release their worst album(i think)

And not to sound redundant, but losing Morgan Kibby is a huge blow. Especially with tracks that depend so heavily on vocals. 

No leak yet that I know of but you can hear samples of the songs here:

http://www.juno.co.uk/products/m83-junk/604900-01/

Not sure if you've noticed or not, but those don't seem to be just samples. They start at certain sections of the songs but just click the beginning of the waveform. You'll have to keep clicking after each highlighted section ends, but, you're welcome?

Not sure if you've noticed or not, but those don't seem to be just samples. They start at certain sections of the songs but just click the beginning of the waveform. You'll have to keep clicking after each highlighted section ends, but, you're welcome?

I noticed that too, pretty funny

I listened to clips of most of the songs from the album, and I'll give it more of a try once it's on Spotify or wherever, but I don't think I'll be picking this one up. On first listen, it didn't really do anything for me. Which is a bummer since I'm a pretty big fan of most of his other stuff, but cheers to those that are into it.