PO: M83 - Junk

Listened to the song a few times tonight....

It's not bad, it just lacks the emotion that attracts me to m83. I think the last minute of the song is pretty solid.

If its indicative of the entire album then I will def be disappointed.

It feels like another Saturdays=youth project. Taking these old child like emotions and writing songs about them.

but where as Saturdays was a throwback to his teenage years, this feels like a throwback to what... his age 9-13 years?

I don't mind the song, but I have a feeling this is going to be the album where it falls apart for me. I love m83 and they have hands down been one of my fav bands for well over a decade, but almost every release has been less exciting then the last.

I hope Anthony proves me wrong though, again I am super sad about Morgan being out of the band. She WAS the live performances and will be hard to replace.

Miss these days thats for sure; 

Also just for shits Im going to name their albums from best to worst;

-Dead Cities, Red Seas and Lost Ghosts

-Before the Dawn Heals us

-Saturdays=Youth

-M83

-Hurry up we're Dreaming

-Oblivion 

-Digital Waves 

-You and the Night

Hard to put the soundtracks in that list, but thats it give or take. 

I really like Saturdays = Youth, Hurry Up We're Dreaming, and the Oblivion OST, but have never heard any of his other albums. I guess I should check out Dead Cities?

Yeah you should for sure. Dead cities and before the dawn heal us are both instrumentals for the most part.

Saturdays=youth is their album that doesn't fit their discography the most, but is still an amazing album.

that article is tiresome

It's written like a romance novel

"Gonzalez, who is deceptively unassuming until he gets going on a favorite topic, is on the couch; Meldal-Johnsen, whose wiry jolt of brown hair stands six inches above his scalp, giving him the air of a perpetually hassled mad scientist, leans forward in an office chair. One lumpy candle flickers meekly on a coffee table, which reveals stacks of Tape Op and vintage Playboy magazines underneath its glass surface"

" Gonzalez, who is deceptively unassuming until he gets going on a favorite topic, is on the couch; Meldal-Johnsen, whose wiry jolt of brown hair stands six inches above his scalp, giving him the air of a perpetually hassled mad scientist, leans forward in an office chair. One lumpy candle flickers meekly on a coffee table, which reveals stacks of Tape Op and vintage Playboy magazines underneath its glass surface"

Just went to see if this was a direct quote. I didnt even make it that far. Outstanding.

• 2 weeks later...

"Gonzalez, who is deceptively unassuming until he gets going on a favorite topic, is on the couch; Meldal-Johnsen, whose wiry jolt of brown hair stands six inches above his scalp, giving him the air of a perpetually hassled mad scientist, leans forward in an office chair. One lumpy candle flickers meekly on a coffee table, which reveals stacks of Tape Op and vintage Playboy magazines underneath its glass surface"

At first I wondered if your post was some originally written satire, then I really hoped it was, but now I'm kinda' glad that it isn't.

Fucking Pitchfork.