The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

1 hour ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Even if you're flipping, why 15 fuckin' copies? Aren't VMP exclusives like $27 apiece? That's a long road to make a buck. 

The AoTM are 27 because it includes shipping built into the cost.  Most the exclusives are in the 21 to 24 dollar range with some falling below or above that.

Meanwhile, I alerted VMP about Balto yesterday via the forums and they said they would be looking for those type of orders, canceling them and pit tong any vinyl from them back into the inventory.

They are hoping to have a new version of the store that caps purchase #'s in the near future.

Even if you're flipping, why 15 fuckin' copies? Aren't VMP exclusives like $27 apiece? That's a long road to make a buck. 

The AoTM are 27 because it includes shipping built into the cost.  Most the exclusives are in the 21 to 24 dollar range with some falling below or above that.

Meanwhile, I alerted VMP about Balto yesterday via the forums and they said they would be looking for those type of orders, canceling them and putting any vinyl from them back into the inventory.

They are hoping to have a new version of the store that caps purchase #'s in the near future.

Meanwhile, I alerted VMP about Balto yesterday via the forums and they said they would be looking for those type of orders, canceling them and putting any vinyl from them back into the inventory.

I already got a copy but I'm asking for a friend who missed out (or forgot they went on sale, saw I tweeted about it and then asked if I got him a copy.. I didn't). If anyone has any extras of the VMP edition of the new Avalanches record, let me know and I'll pass the info on to him. He doesn't have a VC account but he can always make one if it's easier. 

I already got a copy but I'm asking for a friend who missed out (or forgot they went on sale, saw I tweeted about it and then asked if I got him a copy.. I didn't). If anyone has any extras of the VMP edition of the new Avalanches record, let me know and I'll pass the info on to him. He doesn't have a VC account but he can always make one if it's easier. 

VMP is having a 'Garage Sale', 30 titles for $11-13 (free shipping). some pretty good stuff in there too. Picked up Bjork, Weezy, and QOTSA $35 total.

From VMP...That's right, my friends - nothing says summertime quite like a good old fashioned Garage Sale. With over 30 albums, all priced at $13.00 or less + plus free shipping, everyone is sure to find a little something-something to take home!

https://shop.vinylmeplease.com/product-category/sale/

Edited by B-dosia

Thanks for the tip. Grabbed the Delta Spirit and MEW LPs for $38 shipped to Sweden, which still is a good price. Nice to get some good use out of my crate subscription, so far I'm glad I signed up.

I'm really looking forward to that Avalanches LP, and I also ordered the Wells Fargo record without really knowing much about it, what do you guys think of it?

This month is the first time I have used the member store. I purchased two copies of Pinkerton a week or so ago, and then a separate order for the Avalanches on Friday. 

Over the weekend I got a shipping notification. Is there any way for me to check what was in that shipment? (the notification just says MULTIPLE) Will they have sent all the records at once, or more likely just the copies of Pinkerton, with the Avalanches to follow later?

The reason I ask is that the records are being shipped to a forwarding address in the states then get sent to NZ. If there's two separate shipments, it's more cost effective to wait till they all arrive and ship together. 

I wasn't expecting anything to ship till next month.

Edited by andynz

11 hours ago, andynz said:

This month is the first time I have used the member store. I purchased two copies of Pinkerton a week or so ago, and then a separate order for the Avalanches on Friday. 

Over the weekend I got a shipping notification. Is there any way for me to check what was in that shipment? (the notification just says MULTIPLE) Will they have sent all the records at once, or more likely just the copies of Pinkerton, with the Avalanches to follow later?

The reason I ask is that the records are being shipped to a forwarding address in the states then get sent to NZ. If there's two separate shipments, it's more cost effective to wait till they all arrive and ship together. 

I wasn't expecting anything to ship till next month.

This shipment is likely just the copies of Pinkerton, with the Avalanches to follow later.

20 hours ago, B-dosia said:

VMP is having a 'Garage Sale', 30 titles for $11-13 (free shipping). some pretty good stuff in there too. Picked up Bjork, Weezy, and QOTSA $35 total.

From VMP...That's right, my friends - nothing says summertime quite like a good old fashioned Garage Sale. With over 30 albums, all priced at $13.00 or less + plus free shipping, everyone is sure to find a little something-something to take home!

https://shop.vinylmeplease.com/product-category/sale/

I was curious if that Weezy is the full album or just that stupid fuckin' Volume 1 shit. 

On 6/21/2016 at 7:38 AM, throughbeingcruel said:

I was curious if that Weezy is the full album or just that stupid fuckin' Volume 1 shit. 

From VMP: 

Good morning vinyl friend,

We’re writing to let you know that we discovered yesterday that the Lil Wayne album we received was actually just a 5-song sampler, not the full album. This was not what we thought we had purchased and we're currently trying to get it worked out with our distributor. 

In the mean time we’ve refunded your money and cancelled the order - your refund will post in the next 5-7 business days. We apologize for this inconvenience…we wanted the full album on our shelves too :(

Please let us know if you have any questions on this or if there's anything we can help with!

The VMP Team

I Knew it was too good to be true...