Pokemon Go

5 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

I just realized that yesterday when I was gonna just start off with a great ball haha. I still don't think the berries work very well. Always makes the ball curve like hell. 

The ball curves for me even when I don't use them, I'm wondering if it's a glitch 

2 hours ago, DOMAN127 said:

The ball curves for me even when I don't use them, I'm wondering if it's a glitch 

I came here to post this. Every single ball I threw today on a Pinsir curved and the first couple on a Poliwag. Same with a Golbat a couple days ago. 

I did use berries on the Pinsir and Golbat though, I think.

1 hour ago, Reshiram454 said:

Is anyone else getting the bug where you click on a Pokémon in the Pokédex, and it just scrolls down your dex with messed up text? I don't really know how to explain it other than that.

Yeah, a few pages back I spoke of my troubles with transcribing my caught amount per pokemon because of this bug. It's frustrating.

40 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Are you guys not purposely throwing curveballs? I do it every time for the xp boost and the added chance of capture.

Sometimes I do it on purpose, but when I throw it straight it curves sometimes. I can't even throw it in the opposite direction to make it land square in the center, it just never hits the Pokemon for some reason.

1 hour ago, DOMAN127 said:

Sometimes I do it on purpose, but when I throw it straight it curves sometimes. I can't even throw it in the opposite direction to make it land square in the center, it just never hits the Pokemon for some reason.

I've noticed every now and then if the Pokemon is combat power: ??? Then it's harder to throw straight. If it's "too high" level for you, it's tougher to hit maybe? Just a shot in the dark.

Whenever I hit level twenty I absolutely had no choice but to start twirling the balls and throwing curves. It began to neglect my straight shots like seventy percent of the time which is incredibly annoying. Also annoying is that it almost never gives me the bonus whenever I successfully throw curves. 

I only get the surprisingly small 10xp bonus when i throw it straight but it "curves" ( not intentionally ).  if I spin it forever before letting go, i don't get the bonus.

According to someone who "hacked" the api ( an article on facebook ) and checked the code, you have higher chance of catching the pokemon with better throws.

Someone I know in person thinks the pokemon are sending the ball curving out, and that you can move the ball to the left or right to prevent the curve.  I think this is absolutely bollocks and I think it's entirely the thrower.  If I focus and throw it straight, it never, ever curves.  The only time it goes flying off screen is when I'm nonchalant and just let it go.  Maybe it's just chance but I don't think the curve balls are anything but your thumb or index finger moving to the right when you let go.

32 minutes ago, jacobraccuia said:

Someone I know in person thinks the pokemon are sending the ball curving out, and that you can move the ball to the left or right to prevent the curve.  I think this is absolutely bollocks and I think it's entirely the thrower.  

No, it 100% does do this. Pretty heavily since the last update for lvl 20+. Not all the time but some rarer pokemon send that shit flying as though they have an anti gravitational field or something. Twirling it until the stars appear and curving it negates this effect though.

I'm only at level 15 and the ball curves (regardless if I consciously throw it dead straight) on higher or ??? CP.  Sounds like this is an intentional feature of the game.

Also, bullshit mangs like Pidgey have been running and excessively escaping since level 10. The it-gets-harder-starting-at-level-20 is rubbish. 

11 minutes ago, deafening said:

I'm only at level 15 and the ball curves (regardless if I consciously throw it dead straight) on higher or ??? CP.  Sounds like this is an intentional feature of the game.

Also, bullshit mangs like Pidgey have been running and excessively escaping since level 10. The it-gets-harder-starting-at-level-20 is rubbish. 

I've had way more runners lately than I did in the first week.

In the last few days, I've had a ton of fun with this game. Hit level 20 yesterday. Caught my first Pikachu over the weekend, then another couple. Have a 1300+ Exeggutor. Just got an Onyx, Magnemite, Slowpoke, Tentacool, Magmar, and some others. It just gets better and better.