PO: Green Day - Revolution Radio

3 hours ago, stl_ben said:

Ok...well then hopefully at least a kick ass poster

I don't know what the deal with the screen print was. They weren't selling it. The first 8 people in got one. Then some productions company is ruffling off 5. They had a generic poster with the show date on it for $20. Just a new promo photo for Rev rad; nothing special. I think hoodies were like $60...

The show was fucking amazing though. God damn. So much fun. 

The more I listen to this album, the more it grows on me. I mean, I liked it my first play through, but it grows with each listen. The subject matter / lyrics open up a lot once I spent some time with them, and started to break down really what was being said. It's an interesting Insomniac / Nimrod paced record with the subject matter of more so American Idiot (minus the story), while having that more matured vocal tone. Hearing some of the new songs live also helped me appreciate this album more. They played 'Bang Bang' faster, and god damn did it kill live. Even the song I didn't like (Still Breathing) was fantastic live. Whenever I manage to see Green Day live they remind me why they always will be one of my favorite bands. They have so much fucking energy; it's insane. But yeah, definitely their best album in the last 10 years. Don't know how to compare it to American Idiot yet since I haven't had that much time with it, AI being my most listened to of the last 5 albums, and that being an opera, but we'll see. I'm looking forward to hearing how this album ages.

"Fuck you, I'm from Oakland!"

Edited by Dave Grohl

10 minutes ago, Snaggle Von Swift said:

man, that 9:30 Club show was fucking fun.

I hate where they do merch there, though. I wasn't able to fight my way over there to see the poster, I did see a lot of people  carrying poster tubes though.

Still bummed my venue didn't sell the print. So random. And you'll be on a show high for a few days. 

4 hours ago, himynameisShane said:

I don't hate this album at all. Went in with low expectations and I'm surprisingly enjoying it

It's a real banger. After about five listens it started to open up. I'm really enjoying it, and been blasting it all week. Excited to get the record in the mail tomorrow. 

320kbps CD Rip // clips a bit.

328kbps iTunes Master // better than the CD (not because of those random +8 kbps)

~1100kbps 24bit HDTracks // good HiFi copy.

Surprised how good the iTunes master is honestly. Definitely better than the CD version (fixes all the clipping, can play it at higher volume). If anyone wants it I'll upload it for you.  Just waiting for the vinyl to get here today to give that a spin.

Edited by Dave Grohl

56 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

320kbps CD Rip // clips a bit.

328kbps iTunes Master // better than the CD (not because of those random +8 kbps)

~1100kbps 24bit HDTracks // good HiFi copy.

Surprised how good the iTunes master is honestly. Definitely better than the CD version (fixes all the clipping, can play it at higher volume). If anyone wants it I'll upload it for you.  Just waiting for the vinyl to get here today to give that a spin.

I have the digital version of the album given through pre-ordering from the band store, is the iTunes version really that much better?

I've held off one listening to anything pre-release so I'll just ask before spending the money. 

I like all Green Day leading up to and including AI, didn't care for 21st Century, and thought there was a really solid album spread out across the trilogy. Am I gonna like this?

3 minutes ago, Bro Use for a Name said:

Despite seeing Green Day in a 250 capacity venue for the price of an LP (or CD, I guess), some people still managed to be disappointed about the length of the show that had a setlist like this: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/green-day/2016/rough-trade-nyc-brooklyn-ny-3fd1d4f.html

They played She, Burnout, Waiting, and St. Jimmy, among a ton of others. Some people just cannot be pleased, I guess.