ethereal

PO: King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard - Gumboot Soup

On 1/25/2018 at 12:53 PM, aopps42 said:

https://kinggizzard.bandcamp.com/album/gumboot-soup  Here ya go, support the band.

I'll usually agree but this hardly applies to this website you can almost guarantee he has a copy preordered already so there's hardly anything wrong with asking if someone has a FLAC copy.

1 hour ago, Sunshine said:

I'll usually agree but this hardly applies to this website you can almost guarantee he has a copy preordered already so there's hardly anything wrong with asking if someone has a FLAC copy.

I'm a firm believer that if you pay for an album in any physical form you are entitled to it digitally in any format you desire forever.

2 hours ago, craigeduk said:

There is a 3rd Flightless variant available in retails stores on Baby Blue vinyl. Not on Flightless site (yet at least) 

Seen that JB Hi-Fi has it...not cheap though at $42.99, but it's there..I might get it.

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/music/Whats-Hot/alternative/gumboot-soup-limited-deluxe-edition-baby-blue-vinyl/630149/

Gumboot Soup (Limited Deluxe Edition Baby Blue Vinyl)

Edited by TheDuke

I received my Spiced Pumpkin today, no scratches so all good.

Interesting how some of you didn't get a shipping notification, as I got one, about 2 and a half weeks ago.

Strangely though. not that Death edition yet. Given that I ordered them both at the same time, I'm surprised they weren't posted together in the same mailer...so I hope that one turns up soon....most odd.

Anybody heard of anything new in the Gizz pipeline yet?

On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 1:53 AM, armadillo01 said:

I got my Gumboot Death the other day; it managed to survive really bad weather. Haven't had a chance to spin it for pops or scratches but my quick spot inspection did not notice anything. Fingers crossed.

Well nothing in the post today, except for, yet again, a bloody RM customs fee payment request...pah! £24! F**k me! And it can only be the ATO order, as that's the only multiple order I'm still waiting for, that would've garnered such a hefty fee. I ordered a couple of other albums (not Gizz), while I got the Gumboots and a Poly tri color.

Just a query..but how is it that Flightless are able to ship their releases without a postal chit on the mailer displaying the value of contents, that pretty much most of the other labels, Aussie or elsewhere...including ATO...do? Not a gripe..as Flightless releases aren't the cheapest, so i'm grateful that I've never been stung for customs fees from anything I've had from them. But just wonder how they are able to get around that? Isn't it a legal requirement to display the value of the contents within, when shipping aboard. or not?

My other ATO poly order (the reclaimed variant) came through without a hitch, no fees with that one, and the value of records within were above the UK import limit.

There does seem to be a bit of lottery as to which packages get charged a custom fee or not. Most of my other Poly variants came through without a hitch, & some were above the UK customs limit  Most odd.

Oh, and while I think of it....just wondering if anybody has heard of a little known Israeli Psyche Blues Rock band, currently based in Germany called Tree? Just bought their self titled debut album, released in 2015...& it's really good. Check out a track called Eastern Blues on YT. I'm asking this, as I would like to acquire the 2nd album & the EP/singles too. Discogs (or Ebay) has none currently & they've only been released in small numbers, to date.

Or is there an appropriate pre existing thread where I can make this request?

Edited by TheDuke

Not sure if it relevant @TheDuke but Flightless plastered their mailer with three entire postage stamp packs & a mailer chit. Maybe they package their UK shipments differently?  Those custom fees are brutal. I've been hit with some so bad I've flat out asked it to be shipped back (it's always the packages some overeager customs agent went to town on,  Wolverine adamantium claw style).

21 minutes ago, armadillo01 said:

Not sure if it relevant @TheDuke but Flightless plastered their mailer with three entire postage stamp packs & a mailer chit. Maybe they package their UK shipments differently?  Those custom fees are brutal. I've been hit with some so bad I've flat out asked it to be shipped back (it's always the packages some overeager customs agent went to town on,  Wolverine adamantium claw style).

I have read posts of these Stamp plastered Flightless mailers, but I've never had one...yet! And none of my FTL mailers ever had a postal chit on them either, just my addy and a standard international shipping stamp.

Just odd that get more customs charges on US items than aussie ones...Perhaps, the UK custom agents have something against imports from yankland....mibbe?!

Edited by TheDuke