PO NOW:. SKY EATS AIRPLANE!!!!!??!???!!

V3XED

https://equal-vision-records.myshopify.com/collections/vinyl-lp/products/sea0sea0cs-lp

Sky Eats Airplane
Self Titled

In Stock • Shipping Now

Variant: Clear W/ White & Grey Splatter 
Limited to: 250

Track List:

Side A
01.  Introduction • 0:37
02. Long Walks on Short Bridges • 4:16
03. Transparent • 6:02
04. Numbers • 3:38
05. World Between Us • 4:51
06. Photographic Memory • 4:31

Side B
7. In Retrospect • 3:33
8. The Artificial • 5:57
9. Disconnected • 3:23
10 .Machines • 1:22
11. Alias • 5:41

Pressing Limit - 250 Clear W/ White & Grey Splatter 

Edited by N8TRU

Lol whoops. I had a training thing for work and missed it myself. Had it in my cart and almost checked out but it sold out.

Imagine they have another 250 hanging out though. Don’t think they’ve done so few in recent presses.

EDIT: refreshed and it was back in stock.

Edited by MCDELTAT

It might just be my copy but it's bottom of the barrel quality. I'm not sure if I should contact Merchnever or not. I've had plenty of negative experiences with them even if this isn't their fault. The splatter pellets have gone outside the edge so the dead wax isn't round and I have no idea what happened. The dead wax where the pellets cut outward is actually cut short compared to other sides of the record. On top of that, there's a hissing sound each rotation in the same spot on both sides where the splatter is the heaviest. I'm thinking maybe the record isn't thick enough or the grooves aren't deep enough. The record isn't flat either. I'm going to give it a spin clean but regardless the plant really dropped the ball on this one so don't feel bad if you missed out. In my opinion the sound quality isn't impressive either.

Imgur video link: https://imgur.com/a/1b4oKij

I hope no one else's copy sucks this much.

On 8/18/2023 at 8:55 PM, N8TRU said:

It might just be my copy but it's bottom of the barrel quality. I'm not sure if I should contact Merchnever or not. I've had plenty of negative experiences with them even if this isn't their fault. The splatter pellets have gone outside the edge so the dead wax isn't round and I have no idea what happened. The dead wax where the pellets cut outward is actually cut short compared to other sides of the record. On top of that, there's a hissing sound each rotation in the same spot on both sides where the splatter is the heaviest. I'm thinking maybe the record isn't thick enough or the grooves aren't deep enough. The record isn't flat either. I'm going to give it a spin clean but regardless the plant really dropped the ball on this one so don't feel bad if you missed out. In my opinion the sound quality isn't impressive either.

Wow I have never seen one that bad. That's failure at every step of the way, surprised no one noticed before shipping. 

Edited by dangerbirds

12 hours ago, N8TRU said:

Woah.  Definitely never seen that before.  That’s crazy.

47 minutes ago, N8TRU said:

EVR said "oh no!" so sorry that happened, we don't have extras, contact Merchnow. We'll see how that goes....... No word on other variants.

I know EV loves doing these “small run pressings,” but it’s absolutely stupid that they don’t have extras set aside in case something like this happens

1 minute ago, N8TRU said:

For real. And Merchnow is doing this new thing where they'll send you a replacement but only if you send a picture proving you destroyed your copy and I don't trust them to follow through with sending the replacement.

Just resend the picture and tell them its already destroyed 🤣

2 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

Feel even worse for @N8TRUnow. Just listened to my copy and it sounds pretty good. None of the noticeable hissing he brought up. Actually pretty quiet. I haven’t listened to the original in a long time. Mix sounds alright. C+ to B- quality.

Mine definitely has some hissing and on the electric parts sound all smashed together and are pretty harsh sounding. 

Sorry to bog down the thread. I did a spin clean last night and I'll admit it sounds better overall except for the hissing. I can't find a single scratch on it. My only guess is it's because it's too thin and this copy was poorly pressed in general. It's annoying that after over a decade of problems with Merchnow they and EVR truly don't give a shit or even try to hold extras in case of issues. At this point I'll just keep it and maybe buy a second pressing if they do one.

1 hour ago, N8TRU said:

Sorry to bog down the thread. I did a spin clean last night and I'll admit it sounds better overall except for the hissing. I can't find a single scratch on it. My only guess is it's because it's too thin and this copy was poorly pressed in general. It's annoying that after over a decade of problems with Merchnow they and EVR truly don't give a shit or even try to hold extras in case of issues. At this point I'll just keep it and maybe buy a second pressing if they do one.

Probably the best way to go.  There’s no way they don’t do another pressing at some point, especially with how fast this sold out.

They'll definitely repress this so I'd just hold out until then. Not sure what a gamble it would be to either hold and wait or to just return for full refund. In that condition they should just let you keep it and give you a refund. Not like they are going to resell that or anything.

I sadly hear the hissing on my copy as well, but outside of that it's decent. 

28 minutes ago, [Banned User] said:

They'll definitely repress this so I'd just hold out until then. Not sure what a gamble it would be to either hold and wait or to just return for full refund. In that condition they should just let you keep it and give you a refund. Not like they are going to resell that or anything.

I sadly hear the hissing on my copy as well, but outside of that it's decent. 

I agree.

Is the hissing in the beginning of each side or somewhere else?