MLB Discussion

fuck tampa. and fuck evan longoria and his last day of the season bullshit. and fuck joe maddon just because.

now that that's out of the way- is anyone sick of teams celebrating EVERYTHING? there were clubhouse celebrations for forcing game 163. a clubhouse celebration for winning that to play the wild card game.

i'm sorry, but 1 1/2 postseason games do not warrant champagne.

not having a winning record or a playoff appearance in 21 years deserves a champagne celebration every night

fair enough

4 people downvoted that though? can i at least get a rebuttal?

fuck tampa. and fuck evan longoria and his last day of the season bullshit. and fuck joe maddon just because.

now that that's out of the way- is anyone sick of teams celebrating EVERYTHING? there were clubhouse celebrations for forcing game 163. a clubhouse celebration for winning that to play the wild card game.

i'm sorry, but 1 1/2 postseason games do not warrant champagne.

I downvoted it because I disagreed with everything you said. As an Indians fan, I love scrappy, underdog teams like Tampa Bay, Oakland etc.

I probably watched 155 of the Indians games this year. The teams trying for the wild card spots generally aren't powerhouses or favorites. That's kind of the idea behind it, get more teams in. The season is an emotional grind for me so I can only imagine how much more it is for the teams. I think celebrations are warranted. You know damn well that everyone playing considers any game after #162 to be the postseason. All anybody wants is their foot in the door because anything's possible. 

I didn't see Texas/TB celebrations prior to the 163rd game so maybe it was over the top? But look at what all three of those teams had to do just in order to tie or stay in it. It was unbelievable!!

So there you go, since you asked.

Hell Yeah! Liriano pitched a gem for the majority of his time out there and the bats looked alive. Loved hearing the fans chanting Cueto to the point that he got shook. This city is electric right now. Damn, it's amazing to watch the Pirates play meaningful games and play well. 

Playoff baseball is the shit.

This.

I thought the Rangers we're gonna take that tie-breaker game yesterday. Nope.

Definitely thought the Pirates we're gonna win tonight. Pirates fans the Mets thank you for Vic Black, enjoy Marlon Byrd in the playoffs.

I like all of the teams in the playoffs this year save the Barves. I really hope to see a Pittsburgh-LA LCS and a Tampa-Oakland LCS. That'd be cool.

I don't get why teams can't celebrate...save for celebrating getting in to the tiebreaker game. Nobody celebrated that right? As for actually getting into the Wild Card game, that could be celebrated, as that is actually a playoff game/round. I'd say baseball has 3.5 rounds now. I initially hated the idea of a second wild card, but I get it and like it now...and so do the MLB curmudgeons! Who would have thought?!

no. and im so very pissed we traded him...

although, we went from 12th to 1st in ERA this year, and had our best season in 24 years thanks to pitching.

but i wanted myers.

sigh.

the most amazing part is you did it with bruce chen in your rotation. at least hosmer looks poised to a drop a sweet 25 bombs next year with his revival. imagine if moustakas somehow turned it around too... although i wouldn't bet on it

SO stoked for the pirates. took them against the spread tonight because liriano has rocked at home and i knew cueto was going to choke. why would they trust him with the ball? you trust your "ace" who has been sidelined half the year instead of rolling out bailey in a hitters' park instead?

I believe Cueto has/had the second lowest ERA in the NL (or MLB?) the last couple years behind only Kershaw.

I believe Cueto has/had the second lowest ERA in the NL (or MLB?) the last couple years behind only Kershaw.

no doubt, i'm not questioning his talent. it's just that he threw only two starts before the wild card game, both good but not overwhelming, both against horrible teams. i just think it wouldn't have been much more of a risk to send bailey out there with the season he's had.