PO: Boris Flood & NO from Third Man

• 3 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...

So if Discogs is to be believed – along with another new face here on VC that was able to confirm it for me – that mystery Flood swirl is in fact the TMR exclusive.  Apparently it just turned out night-and-day different [better] than the initial mock-up.  Huge bummer since it’s long gone from the shop.  There’s a possibility that the band could list some copies down the road.  I also wouldn’t be surprised to see them restocked or “pulled from the vault” over at TMR.  If anyone spots a lead or hears of a drop, I’d be hugely grateful.  Really want to track this one down.

8 minutes ago, KaitouG said:

Got the vault editions, but sounds like those splatter variants didn't actually come to fruition? My copy of NO is maroon/black split rather than the maroon splatter and flood looks like that artist-exclusive ones.

Hmm... your TMR vault edition Flood looks like which exactly?

6 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Hmm... your TMR vault edition Flood looks like which exactly?

This one (aka the one that you mentioned on Discogs):

733borisstoreAB.jpg?auto=compress,format

edit: someone just submitted the proper splatter variant for NO on Discogs so I'm not too sure what the heck is going on

Edited by KaitouG

7 minutes ago, KaitouG said:

This one (aka the one that you mentioned on Discogs):

733borisstoreAB.jpg?auto=compress,format

edit: someone just submitted the proper splatter variant for NO on Discogs so I'm not too sure what the heck is going on

Lucky.  So looping back to the post you made on the first page... where did you get those photos?  They seem like they'd all be from the same source, with that background.  If I didn't know any better, I'd say there was maybe a mixup somewhere and TMR's "splatter" copies are now the artist exclusives.  And maybe the previous "artist exclusives" are truly what TMR got.

6 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Lucky.  So looping back to the post you made on the first page... where did you get those photos?  They seem like they'd all be from the same source, with that background.  If I didn't know any better, I'd say there was maybe a mixup somewhere and TMR's "splatter" copies are now the artist exclusives.  And maybe the previous "artist exclusives" are truly what TMR got.

https://thirdmanrecords.com/catalog

There may yet still be hope. From a comment on discogs:

"Apparently, these were never announced on Third Man's social media pages. There were about 600 copies left, but all of a sudden it was pulled from the Vault Store. I'm wondering why Third Man removed it. I didn't think these sold out at all."

Just got my TMR Vault editions. NO is maroon with black splatter, Flood is the wispy blue in clear. Also just got an email from Third Man indicating there was a mix up and it was possible I had received the wrong item. The email also offered a return shipping label and a “mystery color 7” in return for the trouble of returning it for the appropriate product.