PO: Haste The Day "Pressure The Hinges" and "Attack Of The Wolf King"

I love Wolf King and 10 years ago I would have jumped at this, but wow, I just can't justify these prices. I do still have the 7" of Travesty and it is possibly the worst sounding record I've ever had the displeasure of hearing, so it would be a big redemption to hear these songs actually sound good on vinyl. But not sure it's worth $40+ for the number of times I've actually listened to this album in the past few years.

Edited by rcafilm

1 hour ago, xfactor675 said:

Price aside the fact they launched these together is a big plusand very customer friendly. More labels should do this instead of pre-orders a week apart...

Absolutely real talk. I’ve ordered a fair number of the Equal Vision represses lately. If they had just announced things together I would have easily saved $40+ in shipping.

17 hours ago, copelandkid said:

fwiw solid state / unoriginal have been pricing single/double LP legacy reissues at $35/40 for a few years now. sucks but also not entirely new :(

My problem with this is the fact that they’ll say it’s got all this fancy stuff going on with the sleeve and it shows up and you paid $40 for basic cardboard. Showbread’s no sir was well worth the price tag but bless the martyr wasn’t even a gatefold and dead poetic didn’t have any of the UV spot gloss or whatever the preorder said it would. 

The best part is when I messaged unoriginal vinyl about it they replied with a thumbs up and issued a statement about how it was the manufacturer’s fault about the sleeve

2 minutes ago, fartsandwich said:

My problem with this is the fact that they’ll say it’s got all this fancy stuff going on with the sleeve and it shows up and you paid $40 for basic cardboard. Showbread’s no sir was well worth the price tag but bless the martyr wasn’t even a gatefold and dead poetic didn’t have any of the UV spot gloss or whatever the preorder said it would. 

The best part is when I messaged unoriginal vinyl about it they replied with a thumbs up and issued a statement about how it was the manufacturer’s fault about the sleeve

The irony is so strong on that consider how much they pride themselves and bend over backwards but don't you think if they work so hard on every aspect, including designing a gatefold, the plant would have made it a gatefold? The plant just skipped over 2 giant images and the order for a gatefold jacket which specifically costs more money? Yeah right.

29 minutes ago, ethanpricington said:

Man, now this is taking me back to my high-school days. Ignorant question here: why skip over Dreamer? Doesn't look like it's ever been pressed either?

UO did allude to there being "one more HTD record left to do" so i'm sure it happens eventually

Good, cuz Dreamer is awesome….and yeah, the prices on these are getting ridiculous.  If you’re going to say it’s deluxe, make it actually deluxe.  Don’t charge deluxe and give us basic.  Makes you feel cheated.

at the end of the day, I’m glad they’re doing it and AOTWK is one of my favs, but it’s tough when you pay $40 for a sleeve and single LP with an extra sheet with artwork on one side and a write up on the other side, that’s not really “deluxe”…

2 hours ago, RyanSmithers said:

Good, cuz Dreamer is awesome….and yeah, the prices on these are getting ridiculous.  If you’re going to say it’s deluxe, make it actually deluxe.  Don’t charge deluxe and give us basic.  Makes you feel cheated.

at the end of the day, I’m glad they’re doing it and AOTWK is one of my favs, but it’s tough when you pay $40 for a sleeve and single LP with an extra sheet with artwork on one side and a write up on the other side, that’s not really “deluxe”…

both do come with bonus tracks fwiw, but totally agreed on the pricing. i grabbed the HTD exclusives with the extras because these albums mean a lot to me (and bc their store didn't charge sales tax so it was essentially the same price as the SS exclusives) but at these price points i'd be passing on tons of T&N/SS albums that i'd buy $10 cheaper...

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, copelandkid said:

had a mini heart attack seeing my PTH band variant arrive with two A/B label stickers. turns out all 4 sides are there music-wise though :D anyone else have this "issue?"

I got the Solid State webstore version instead of from the band (moon phase brown/white with green splatter in the white) and it's the same with the labels. The most embarrassing part is how it's not a gatefold jacket. They charge more money than anyone else, have so much pride in how hard they work on it, and this is the result. AOTWK sounds pretty subpar, I'd go as far as saying bad for vinyl. PTH sounds good at least. I'm glad I don't have interest in most of these releases from UO and Solid State.