NHL Discussion

Terry Pegula, Sabres owner, has put in a bid to turn a block outside the F'N Center into a 2-pad rink complex with a sports bar / restaurant, 200-room hotel, and an underground parking ramp. It sounds pretty bamf, and it's all private money, and it won't even be a practice facility like many originally thought when rumors popped up. If his bid (1 of 3 the city received) doesn't win, the city is fuckin retarded.

Something similar recently opened up in Philadelphia.. Xfinity Live! - It was originally planned as much more (with a hotel and all), but funding got cut throughout it, so there's no hotels, just has 5 or so restaurants in it, a Mitchell & Ness store and huge spectating place to watch the games. It's pretty nice.

I'm glad we have another goalie, but I think we overpaid...and our GM said he's content with having a Bob/Mason tandem...

Unless we send Mason to the AHL, I want him gone. I think Bob is good... for a #2 goalie.

We're also looking to trade the 2nd overall pick, which is dumb as fuck unless we get something awesome in return

Stall traded to Carolina for their 8th overall, Brandon Sutter and Brian Dumoulin

Ribeiro traded to Washington for Cody Eakin and the 54th pick

Visnovsyi traded to the Isles for their 2nd round pick next year

Stoll re-signed to 3 years/9.275

a interesting first round so far

Mihalek traded to Phx for two prospects and a 2nd rd pick too. crazy day yesterday

Sabres first round turned out pretty well. Grigorenko fell to #12 because of his playoff performance, even though he had mono for it. It doesn't excuse his questionable work ethic, but I'm glad the Sabres took the gamble on that talent because they need a center. They also hedged their bets by trading up to #14 and taking the other crazy G-name [edit: Girgensons] who is a pretty solidly sized center who apparently has a fantastic work ethic. One of the two should pan out. The guy at #14 has the first name of Zemgus haha

Nothing would make me happier than to see Luongo go to Toronto. Keep all the scum in one place and that dad dick Burke is going to be making moves (more than he already has) after last years shitting of the bed. Typical leafs move dishing off Gustavson when Reimer was supposed to be your number one and just ate shit all year. Only smart move they have made in a long time was getting that turd Schen off their team.

If I was a Philly fan I'd be wishing they'd get rid of Bryzgalov, that guy is fucking terrible and you will all have to acknowledge it sometime soon if you want to not be the biggest playoff letdown every year.

Interesting moves though so far overall. Just put Sutter in a Wings jersey and I'll be happy.

Crosby will be signing a deal on sunday for $104.4 million over 12 years, working out to be 8.7 mil cap hit, as he's had for the last 4 years. he is taking 62% less than the max offer a team could have offered (168.8 mil over 12 years). talk about unselfish!

cap is officially $70.4 million, until the new CBA goes into effect, which may/not change the cap structure.