NHL Discussion

i would've thought an oilers fan would want the kings to edge calgary out.

i half want(ed) the kings to make it in, half relieved that i can save my money and do other things. i must've dropped a few grand on playoff games the last 3 years and put my social life on hold because i'd wait for the playoff schedule to come out each round before i'd commit to doing anything with anyone. i'll probably eat and drink healthier, too, since i had a ritual of pizza and beer every first game of each round.

Honestly, we've been so bad for so long that my hate for Calgary has diminished. And I would love to go to a playoff game before I die, so I'll make the 3 hour drive and hopefully watch them kick Vancouvers ass. My hate for Vancouver and Montreal is way stronger. If the battle of Alberta ever heats up again, the hate will be back.

Honestly, we've been so bad for so long that my hate for Calgary has diminished. And I would love to go to a playoff game before I die, so I'll make the 3 hour drive and hopefully watch them kick Vancouvers ass. My hate for Vancouver and Montreal is way stronger. If the battle of Alberta ever heats up again, the hate will be back.

Doesn't pretty much all of Canada unite behind whatever Canadian teams are left in the playoffs? (assuming their local team didn't make it or got knocked out)

Thanks you Parkinglot. I know you hate Vancouver but that win clinched a playoff spot. I'm all for the Canadian teams this year. Ottawa and Winnipeg are great stories and Calgary gives Vancouver the best chance to move on. I'm part French Canadian so I have a soft spot for Montreal.

i'll probably eat and drink healthier, too, since i had a ritual of pizza and beer every first game of each round.

Shit, that's my ritual for every game, except switch beer with liquor.

My new theory on the Hawks is that coach Q wants to get fired. Because there's no reason Rozsival should be playing at all. Both goals the Wild scored were gift wrapped from that idiot. 2 cups in 5 years is great but the decisions this year are mind boggling. Trade away our best young D men and keep slow, old guys. And not only keep them but play them in crucial parts of the game. We score a goal with a minute left in the game, send Rozsival out next shift. Like wtf.

I dont think ive ever seen a team limp into the playoffs like Pittsburgh... if they make the playoffs.  Pouliot went out with injury last night, their top pairing on D is Martin/Cole?  Martin/Scuderi?  VOMIT.  Letang, Erhoff, Maata and Pouliot are out right now... good god. Add a hot Ottawa team to the mix... oh man.  I cant see pittsburgh missing the playoffs since they need to win one game and they have buffalo coming up

They only need to win one?  I'm doing the numbers now and they have 96 points with two games - Ottawa has 95 with 2 and Boston has 95 with 3.  Assuming the Islanders also win both of their games, they have to win both games to get in.  If they lose one and Ottawa wins both, then Ottawa will take the cake.

The last time the Kings missed the playoffs I was 30lbs lighter.

Last time the Wings missed the playoffs I wasn't alive.

I'm from Canada and say fuck every single Canadian team no matter what time of the year it is. Can't stand Winnipeg (get rid of Little, Ladd and Wheeler and maybe we can talk), Vancouver are so soft I'm surprised they don't melt when they leave the rink, everyone's on the MTL bandwagon now here so fuck that. I'd back Calgary only cuz Monahan is a fucking stud and I loved watching him as a 67 but realistically I hope they're all gone round one unless Boston gets MTL. 

This is such a weird playoffs year. No clear-cut presidents trophy team (I mean the Rangers won it, but not by any level of domination), several teams barely winning any of the last few games, the Columbus fucking Blue Jackets going 10-0-1 at the end of the season when finally healthy, and several teams with 93+ points who won't make the playoffs (though that can be attributed to more teams being extra shitty this year). I really don't know who I'm rooting for this year. As a Leafs fan, I still don't like the Sens, fucking hate the Bruins, and want to see the Habs crash and burn (thought I do love Price and Subban). Maybe Calgary? The Blues? Islanders are a good turnaround story. In some ways, I'd probably most like to see the Capitals and Blues make it to the finals, since both teams are such chokers, and it would be nice to have a team win the cup for the first time. Though a Lightning-Predators final would be pretty tremendously terrible for the league...

This is such a weird playoffs year. No clear-cut presidents trophy team (I mean the Rangers won it, but not by any level of domination), several teams barely winning any of the last few games, the Columbus fucking Blue Jackets going 10-0-1 at the end of the season when finally healthy, and several teams with 93+ points who won't make the playoffs (though that can be attributed to more teams being extra shitty this year). I really don't know who I'm rooting for this year. As a Leafs fan, I still don't like the Sens, fucking hate the Bruins, and want to see the Habs crash and burn (thought I do love Price and Subban). Maybe Calgary? The Blues? Islanders are a good turnaround story. In some ways, I'd probably most like to see the Capitals and Blues make it to the finals, since both teams are such chokers, and it would be nice to have a team win the cup for the first time. Though a Lightning-Predators final would be pretty tremendously terrible for the league...

Why would a Lightning-Predators final be terrible for the league?

Usually i root for the Bruins in the East.

I like the Wild and would like to see a team whos never won it win it so im cool w/ the Jets and Preds. Would like to see what Stamkos can do in a long run.

Id be down for the Caps or Isles too though

Basically anyone but the pens, wings, hawks, blues, habs, rags, Canucks or ducks ha.

Truth be told i won't watch a single game till the final if the Kings don't make it.

5 teams? what?? Being an oilers fan, I'm used to converting to a 100% Bruins fan every April. Will be rooting for Calgary though if they make it in the west.

i know what you were saying about driving out there to watch a game, but man, i feel like that is like rooting for the ducks or even sharks for me.  COULD NEVER DO IT.  back when the kings sucked still, i'd get playoff tickets to the ducks and ALWAYS cheered against them.  i was totally cheering for edmonton against anaheim in 2006!  ;)

this year, i'm ok with any team in the east winning it except for detroit and maybe washington.  i don't hate detroit, but i just know if they win it again, i'll hear all the CA wings fans come up out of nowhere again.  i don't really care if the caps win it but i have a few caps fan friends who used to laugh off the kings 2012 win like it was a fluke and it feels better to laugh back at them for having nothing.  i'd actually like the islanders or tampa to win it.

in the west, i'd be ok with st. louis, nashville, minnesota, winnipeg or calgary winning it.

not too many teams i hate in the running this year.  just please absolutely not the ducks or the canucks.