NHL Discussion

Hossa already played a year under his contract. No chance in hell does that one get canceled. Both parties already began to perform under the deal. The NHL would get sued for sure.

Single game tickets for the Blackhawks went on sale this morning. Nobody I've talked to was able to get anything other than standing room only for ANY game this season. I'm going to make a killing on these season tickets.

Apparently they can, because the Extension kicks in this season, so they have two months from that (which would be September 1st) but I agree, neither will be touched.

I actually tried getting Blackhawks season tickets last year, and again this year, with no luck. Have they raised prices for STH? or are you (I think you're the person i'm thinking of) still paying like $20 a game?

There is no extension in Hossa's deal. He was a UFA. Like I said, he already played a year under the deal. Can't touch it. Pronger et al. signed extensions so that's a different story.

My season tickets went up from $12 to $20, but that is still quite reasonable in my opinion. The people in the 100 level who used to pay $75 that are now paying like $150-175 might disagree.

Hossa already played a year under his contract. No chance in hell does that one get canceled. Both parties already began to perform under the deal. The NHL would get sued for sure.

Single game tickets for the Blackhawks went on sale this morning. Nobody I've talked to was able to get anything other than standing room only for ANY game this season. I'm going to make a killing on these season tickets.

I know that, but they can still look at the contract and say if it was good or bad iwthout actually over turning it.

I missed the part where the Caps picked up a respectable defense that can get it done in the playoffs.

As far as the Hossa deal, sure, they can say it's bad, but they can't void it. The fact that they investigated it in the first place when it was registered obviously shows that they didn't like it, so I don't see the point in even dealing with it now.

LEAAAAAAAAAAAAAFS!

I got tickets to the game on January 3rd for my birthday present. I guess it will be the only chance I have to see our draft pick in action.

Taylor or Tyler or which ever the fuck one it was?

Kind of hope the kid tanks, to be honest.

Yeah, Tyler Seguin. I kind of hope he tanks too, just to shut all the whiners up. The problem is he is exactly what we needed, a skilled centre.

Leage is testing out new rules. What do you think of them?

I like the depth of the net thing. Don't have a problem with auto-icing, either.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=330922

The only thing there that I can see helping the game is the no-touch icing. The hybrid icing rule seems stupid because you're just going to have players skating even harder to try and avoid it getting blown down, which will lead to more injuries, which is contrary to why I thought they were considering no-touch icing in the first place.

Having faceoffs in the middle of the ice in a zone is stupid, having the second referee that the NHL wanted SO BADLY now taken off the ice is stupid, not allowing a team to change after making an offside isn't really much of a punishment compared to not being allowed to change after an icing...

As far as the depth of the net goes, how about making the owners suck it up and lose a row of seats so you can make the entire ice surface bigger? And what is the point of making the crease bigger? it's not like there's any no players in the crease rule anymore.

The worst is their overtime idea. Three minutes of 4 on 4, three minutes of 3 on 3 then three minutes of 2 on 2? Are they going to blow the play dead every three minutes and send a guy off the ice?

I was also under the impression that every shooter had to shoot once in a shootout before repeating players. I know that's not the case in junior, but I can't remember seeing a shooter more than once in the NHL. Maybe I'm wrong about that one.

I understand these are all just proposed and will likely never be implemented - except for no-touch icing... that will come eventually - but I wish they would use their time and energy coming up with real solutions instead of a farce like these suggestions.

I don't know man, I think Toronto made enough moves to get into the top 14 in their Conference this season. Haha.

Stranger things have happened. Notably, Philadelphia last season.

I'm not saying our rag-tag group of AHL and collegiate forwards mixed in with 3 actual NHL players is going to do all that much, but Toronto is solid in net and has one of the deepest D in the league.

I wouldn't want to play them. Like Carolina a few years back -- nothing special on paper, but just clicked on the ice.

If we even get a sniff of a playoff chance post allstar break, I'll be happy.

We get a sniff of a playoff chance almost every year. Last year being the exception.

I have a theory that you could probably round up 24 or 25 of your friends and put Leafs jerseys on them and they would still finish between 8th and 10th in the East. It's the logo on the jersey, not the players inside it.

I don't see Toronto doing much, but that's because I'm at the other end of the QEW.

I don't see them doing much either, but like I said, stranger things have happened.

I'm not crossing my fingers, but remain reservedly optimistic.

Look at the All Star teams Glenn Sather used to assemble in NY that had cup written all over them on paper, but tanked during the season.

You never know.